-Chapter 11: Partners-

-
-
"Players, welcome to the fourth game. For this game, you will be playing in pairs. Please look around and find someone you want to play with. When two people agree to play together, shake hands to show that you have become partners."

I look around at our group. Mi-nyeo was already standing and walking to Gi-hun. "Hey handsome, let's do this, huh? I'm better than you think. I'm stronger than most guys too." She tries. "Guess what? I know how to con just about anyone I see. I'm not a genius, but I've still got it worked out, huh?" She says. Gi-hun looks away and Mi-Nyeo turns to Sang-woo. "Hey, let me play with you. Then I'll be your dream girl all night. I'm not like any regular girl, I'll do anything you tell me." She asks him. "Hmm?" She goes closer to his face and he moves back.

She turns to everyone in our team, waiting. No reply. "You're pretending you don't want me on your team. Is that it?" She asks everyone before turning to me. "What? Can't decide? Want me to do it for you?" She asks me. "Stop embarrassing yourself." Sae-byeok says. "No one will want to play with you like this." Mi-Nyeo turns to her and sighs. "And be honest. You don't want a girl to team up with, or an old guy." She clarifies. The guys don't answer so she stands up. The praying man says something about Adam's ribs and Ji-yeong turns. "We're not playing Eden right now." Sae-Byeok starts to walk away. "Hey, wait a moment." Gi-Hun says. Sae-Byeok turns. "Why? Want to have a girl?" She asks. Gi-Hun doesn't answer so Sae-Byeok chuckles. "You're all idiots." She says before leaving. I walk away too, knowing nothing will happen for me there.

I walked to Sae-Byeok to see her speaking to Ji-Yeong and the latter held her hand up. I turned around to try to find someone else before looking back. After a while, they shake hands and Sae-Byeok looks up to see me. I see regret pass over her face before she masks it back up. I nod slowly and turn away, looking down. What happened to us? I feel a presence behind me and then I see Seo-Jun. She holds her hand out. "I saw." She says, nodding to Sae-Byeok and Ji-Yeong. "It's alright. We can join forces and make them jealous." She says. She looks over and I catch her staring at Ji-Yeong. "Does someone have a little crush?" I ask. Seo-Jun blushes and shakes her head. "Whaaaat? No...." she says. Totally convincing. "Mhm. Sure." I replied. Seo-Jun rolls her eyes but keeps her hand up. "So?" She asks. I take her hand in mine. "Alright."

Sae-Byeok Pov (gasp! I know!)

"Shake your hands to show that you have become partners." I turn to face Y/N as Mi-Nyeo speaks. She asks Y/N as well but, obviously, she declines. Mi-Nyeo continues her....annoying rant to Y/N so I decide to help. "Stop embarrassing yourself." I say. Everyone looks at me. "No one will want to play with you like this." I add. "And be honest. You don't want a girl to team up with or an old guy." I say, looking at the men. They don't reply, so I stand up. 240 says something, but I walk away before I could listen. I hear Gi-Hun call me back. I turn and quirk an eyebrow. "Why? Want to have a girl?" I ask. He doesn't respond so I turn back around and say "You're all idiots".

I walk around the room. Watching as people team up and shake hands. I see Y/N going to walk to me, but before I can turn to her I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see 240. "Hey, wanna do this?" She asks me, holding her hand out. "Why should I?" I ask. She looks behind me and I look to see Y/N, who has turned around, looking for another person. No doubt, 163. I look back to 240 ."Other than her, I can't picture you begging these jerks. Embarrassing." She says. "What matters is winning. Embarrassing or not." I replied. 240 nods slowly, lowering her hand. "Then play with me." She says. I look back to Y/N, who was still looking around. "We're playing in pairs. There is a very small chance that we'd go against Y/N." 240 says. "There is also a chance that we're actually going against each other." She adds. I look back at her. "Either way, Y/N will be fine. I'm sure of it." She says. "I'll make sure that you win." She finishes. I sigh and face 240, fully. "What will you do?" I ask her, curious. "Whatever it takes." She replies.

"What do you see in me?" I ask her. "I was going to ask you that." She replies. "You were someone who looked like they would come with me." I say. "That's how I feel." She says. She raises her hand again, waiting for me to shake. I think for a moment before taking it. We shake hands, but I feel the weight of someone's stare. I turn my head and meet eyes with Y/N. Almost immediately I feel guilty. The look on her face when she saw that I chose 240. Betrayal, Upset, Heartbroken. I try to hide my guilt behind my stoic expression. I've never felt for someone like this, it was strange but also amazing. In this game, however? Feelings are the last thing we need. I see her nod slowly before turning away. I see 163 walk up beside her and speak to her. Not gonna lie, it made me mad....but I couldn't do anything. I shook hands with 240. I couldn't switch partners. They speak for a bit before they shake hands. At least Y/N is with someone we know. I don't exactly trust her, but at least we know her. Before I could overthink, I turned away and looked back at 240...who was staring straight at 163.

Y/N pov

I sit on the staircase with Seo-Jun. We were guessing what game we'd play along with who the leftover person would be. "I bet it's old man." She says. I looked at 001 who was sitting at the corner. I look around and see Gi-Hun looking at him. "Nah. Gi-Hun seems to be thinking about it." I say. I turn and point. "I think it's gonna be Mi-Nyeo." I say. She's been begging everyone...and not one has agreed. "I mean, at this point, she's going to have to ask the old man. That's if Gi-hun doesn't get there first." I say, chuckling. We watched a bit longer and I was right. Gi-hun went to 001 and they shook hands. Ali and Sang-woo were together....tho I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Something about Sang-woo felt off. Soon, Mi-Nyeo was the last one left....and everyone knew it. Soon, the timer went off.

"The time to find a partner is up."
"Do you really think you can win without me on your team? It's me! Han Mi-Nyeo!" She shouts. "I've made suckers out of everyone there is from Dongducheon to Gangnam!" She tries. I stand up and hold out a hand for Seo-Jun who takes it. We walk to the doors of the room, going to the next one as we listen to Mi-Nyeo's screaming. "Let's show everyone with a dick they're wrong!" We walk out into a room that looks like an old Korean area.The large doors close behind us...but it wasn't sound proof to the all mighty Han Mi-Nyeo! (jk. Feel bad for her pls XD) "I still need a partner. Who took my partner?" She asks. "What's going on here? You can't do this!" We hear her shout. "Let me go! Please!" We hear, although it's muffled. Soon, it gets too distant to hear a word.

"Attention all players. Please follow the staff to your designated positions for the game." A guard walks up to each pair and leads them to an area in the room. We get led to a corner. There were doors near us and flowers. It was kind of nice. "Players, please take one bag each from the staff member before you. There should be a set of ten marbles in each bag. Please check to confirm the number." I take a bag and open it, counting the marbles. ...8...9...10. I look up and nod at the guard who nods back. "We're playing with marbles?" Seo-Jun asks. I shrug and watch as the light reflects off the shiny glass like material of the marble. We hear 001 near us somewhere. "We're Gganbu now..." We hear him say. Seo-Jun turns to me. "Gganbu?" She asks. I chuckle. "Yeah, it basically means your ride or die person." I say. Seo-Jun smiles. "That's cool!" She says, smiling like a child. Suddenly, the speaker crackles. "In this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game of your choice with your partner. The player who manages to take all ten of the marbles from your partner, wins."

What the hell?

_______________________

A/N: So....yeah. The next chapter is really long...Don't kill me for it though!

Word Count: 1587