-Chapter 4: Welcome Back-

-

-

Classical music plays.

People murmuring and shouting.

I wake up in the same place, in the same kind of bed in the same clothes as last time.

The number 307 plastered onto my jacket.

I immediately get off my bed and walk down to the centre of the room, scanning my surroundings. The bright board at the front of the room now reads 187 people. Seems a few actually stayed away.

I look around and see 456 next to 001. Hm. He actually came back.

I watch as 101 leaves his bed and walks around slowly. His threatening walk made people try to walk away. I see people trying to form groups. One of them being 456's group. Consisting of 001, 218 and 199. I feel a presence behind me and turn to see Sae-Byeok. "Hey" She says. I smile at her, and nod. "Hey." I replied. 101 came up to us. "We make a pretty good team, no?" He asks. We turn him down...multiple times and Sae-Byeok starts talking about 101's tendency to pick pockets of his own men. "You know what we call people like you in my hometown?" She asks. "A damn revolutionary asshole" She finishes. 101 starts getting frustrated and moves to hurt her until 212 comes in talking about 101's looks and all that crap. After some time The guards come in and talk about the rules and welcome us back. After that, we had dinner which consisted of what was like a pack lunch. Rice, some meat and vegetables. The usual.

We were then ushered to bed and told that lights would go off in 10 minutes.

"Stay with me." Sae-Byeok says. I give her a confused look. What does she mean... "I have a plan. But you should come with me." She says again. "Why...?" I ask. She looks around, wary. "I don't....I don't trust these people." She starts. "And I don't want you to get attacked or harmed while I'm gone. Especially by 101." She adds. I look into her eyes, getting lost in them for a moment before she clears her throat. "Yeah okay." I say. She offers me a small smile before the announcements start.

"Players, Please return to your beds as lights out will start in 1 minute."

We walk to two beds and get inside. I lay down on my side, facing Sae-Byeok's bed while she does the same to mine. In a way, we stare at each other with only the gap between our beds in the way.

The lights go out and we are plunged into darkness. The faint glow of a light at the door is the only source of light. We slept on the right of the room, the glow of the light visible behind Sae-Byeok and made her frame kind of like a silhouette.

Around 30 minutes into lights out time, someone leaves their bed and starts making a ruckus at the door. I recognize it as the lady who didn't name her child. 210? 213? 212? She screams about needing to go to the bathroom and how they wouldn't let her and treats us like animals. She gets denied and starts to scream about going on the floor. I'm so immersed in listening to her words that I don't notice when Sae-Byeok stands up until she tugs at my hand.

"Hey." She says. I look up, admiring how her tall frame towers from above me as I lie down. "Yeah?" I say, sitting up. "Come on." She says, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door where it was now being opened for the crazy lady. Before she walks through, we stand next to her. "We have to go too." Sae-Byeok says. The crazy lady turns to us and makes a face. "I had to scream and beg to go and you two just sit on top of it like that?" She says. She pushes Sae-Byeok's forehead slightly with her fingers. "You're a pretty annoying girl, aren't you?" She says before we following the guard and hear her muttering "What a rude little brat". 

We follow to the bathroom and once we get there, 212 immediately goes into a stall. I watch as Sae-Byeok wanders around the bathroom, looking at the ceiling while 212's moans fill the silent air. She spots whatever she's looking for and grimaces a little before barging into 212's stall. "Wha- don't scare me like that!" 212 shouts. Sae-Byeok holds up a small pocket knife which makes 212 choke on her....smoke? "Hey, you want to smoke a little?" She offers. Sae-Byeok shakes her head and walks into the stall. "You stay put on that bowl and smoke some more." She mutters before stepping onto the bowl and reaching for a vent.

She starts unscrewing the screws on the vent while I stand at the door and watch. 212 was watching too, still sitting on the bowl. "Wait. You're gonna go up there?" I ask. Once all the screws were off, she turned and looked at me. "Yeah. I wanna see what's up there." She says. I look around and nod. "We'll buy you some time." I say. She nods and smiles a little. "I'll tell you what I find." 212 nods. "Deal. Now, step on my shoulders." She says, preparing for her weight. She does and 212 struggles before she goes up. "Be careful." I whisper scream into the vent. "Don't worry." Sae-Byeok says before going.

The rest of the time was spent with 212 and I running around the bathroom as if we were having toilet issues. It took a lot of work and each time the guard shouts to hurry up, we had to come up with a bigger issue. Soon, we heard the vent clanging and headed back to the stall. 212 sat on the toilet while I helped Sae-Byeok down. She kind of fell into my arms and I handed her a tissue roll before walking out quickly to wash my hands when the guard came in. He spots me and nods before barging into 212's stall to see her on the toilet with Sae-Byeok next to her, handing her tissue and holding her nose. She shouts some things I couldn't really hear while the guard closes the door again. 

The two come out and 212 shoves the guard slightly. "Hey, Jerkface." She says. She points at the guard. "You, I said don't come in, didn't I?" She continues. "You harassed us in there." She starts again and I tune her out, going to grab Sae-Byeok's hand and tugging her with me to the door as 212 follows. "What did you see?" I ask her on the way. She leans down and whispers into my ear. "Sugar. They were melting sugar." She says. 212 suddenly barges between us, making us let go of each other's hands and starts bombarding Sae-Byeok on what she saw. "I'll tell you tomorrow." She replies as we arrive at our beds. "Why? Didn't you tell your little girlfriend there?" She asks. Sae-Byeok turns to face her quickly, her eyebrow twitching in annoyance and slight anger. "Hey, I'll tell you tomorrow. Alright? Now leave us alone." She says, following me and getting into her bed. I get into mine and we resume the position we had before. I fall asleep, watching Sae-Byeok.

A/N: We lack in completed Sae-Byeok fictions that I'm getting restless.

That's probably another reason why I really want to finish this one.

- R

Word Count: 1215