-Chapter 18 2.0: One Lucky Day-

-
-
We were blindfolded and tied up. We were in a car. Sae-Byeok and I were on our way home. "You should celebrate." A voice says. "That was quite a game there." He says. "How could you do that?" I ask. "You bet on horses. We bet on humans. You are our horses." The man says. I hear a pop and liquid being poured. "Why?" I ask. "Think of this as a dream. And not a bad one for you two too." He says, ignoring me. Sae-Byeok shuffles a bit and groans. "Hm. Seems this one needs help." He says.

"Maybe....we can make you guys feel less pain." He says before hissing is heard. "No. Why?" I ask. No response. "Who are you?" I ask. No reply. "Who are you?" I ask again, feeling my eyelids go heavy. Before I completely blackout, I hear his voice. "I'm the frontman."

Water. That's all I think of when I wake up. I feel the hard pavement hit my shoulder as I'm thrown somewhere and rain hit my face. "Praise the lord or go to hell!" Someone shouts. I groan as I sit up slightly. I pull my arms to no avail. Someone walks up to me and takes off my blindfold, giving me a look before untying me. I spit out a yellow card before nodding at the man and finding Sae-Byeok. I untied her and took off her blindfold. She spits out a card too. I helped her up and she smiles at me. "Are we going on that date you talked about?" She jokes, kinda loopy from the gas. We walk to the train station where I walk to an ATM. I put the card and and type the amount I wanted.

20,000 won. It asks for my PIN but I couldn't think of anything. "What about....your player number?" Sae-Byeok suggests. I type it in and the ATM lights up and accepts it.

I take my money, leading us to the train. "Hey. Back there, what happened....are you okay?" Sae-Byeok asks. I shrug, fiddling with her fingers. "Hey." She says, moving a hand to pull my chin to her. "Don't lie to me." I sigh and look back down. "Gi-Hun sacrifices himself for us. He didn't have to." I say. She sighs and shakes her head. "If I wasn't in pain, I would scold you for thinking like that." She says. "We should get you to a hospital." I say, searching which stop to get off on. We were quiet the rest of the way and soon, we arrive and admit Sae-Byeok into the hospital. "The checkup shouldn't be long." The doctor says.
Lies. I was an hour and a half later when they return. Sae-Byeok was asleep on a hospital bed.

"Are you immediate family?" The doctor asks. "Her younger brother is in an orphanage and her parents aren't here." I say. The doctor shakes his head. "Maybe I should wait into she wakes." He says. "I'm...im her girlfriend." I say. The doctor thinks for a moment before

nodding. "The stab wound to her side didn't harm her abdomen. She will be fine and was mostly in pain and fainting due to blood loss." He says. "I we took care of her wound and she should be monitored for the next few days. After around 5 days, she should be able to leave."
——————————
As Gi-Hun wished, I went to his place to find his mother. However, I found her on the floor, dead. She had a sickness that ended up killing her. I paid for her burial in a graveyard nearby. I visited Sang-Woo's mother too. She worked at a small store. "Hello. Are you the mother of Cho Sang-Woo?" I ask her. The old lady looks up and smiles. "Yes. That is me." She says, "how can I help?" She asks. I hold out a suitcase of money. The amount Sang-Woo was worth in the game. "This is money that I owed Sang-Woo." I say. "He told me to give it to you for your business." I add, hoping she'd take the bait. She thinks for a moment and nods.

"Thank you...." She trails, waiting for my name. "Y/N. Y/N Y/L/N." She smiles wider and bows slightly. "Thank you Y/N." I turn away and walk, after a while I turn back and watch as the lady happily sells fish and other products to locals. God, how could someone like Sang-Woo be from that adorable, precious lady? I walk away. Back to the hospital.

It had been 5 days. I visited Sae-Byeok everyday while paying our debts too. Today, she would get out and we will visit her brother. "Sign here, Miss Kang." The nurse said to Sae-Byeok. She signs and the nurse nods. "You can go now." I grab Sae-Byeok's hand and pull her with me. We stop at the bus stop and she turns to me. "You know, the nurses would always talk about how lovely my girlfriend is." She states. "I don't remember having one." She smirks at me. I blush and look down. "Well. I. Uh." I try. "I mean. Not that I mind. But....I haven't really be asked yet." She continues. I smirk as well and face her, holding her hands. "Kang Sae-Byeok. Will you be my girlfriend?" I ask. She stays silent before shaking her head. "Nope"

She walks into the bus that just arrived as I trailed after, my mouth wide. "But" I start. She places a finger on my lips, silencing me. "I wanted to ask." She whispers into my ear. I nod slowly, allowing her to nibble my earlobe a bit before continuing. "Miss Y/L/N. Will you be my girlfriend?" She says in a low voice. I nod, unable to get any words out. Sae-Byeok pulls back and tilts her head. "I don't hear an answer." She says. "Yes, Sae-Byeok. I will." I get out before kissing her on the lips.

As we get out of the bus, Sae-Byeok looks around at the orphanage. "Last Time here." She says. She walks me to the counter where the lady immediately nods. She walks to a room and opens the door to see a young boy lying on his bed with a book. "Cheol." She says.

The boy looks up and smiles. "Sae-Byeok!" He runs up and hugs her, which makes her wince slightly. He sits on a chair as Sae-Byeok sits opposite him. "Cheol, this is Y/N." She says, gesturing to me. "Y/N, this is my little brother Kang Cheol." She says to me. I offer a small wave which he returns. Just a lot more energetically. "How do you know my sister?" He asks.

I look at Sae-Byeok who smiles. "We met...at a job. She's helping me get money for us." Sae-Byeok says. "She's also...." She trails. She looks at me before looking and Cheol. "My girlfriend" she finishes. "Girlfriend?" Cheol asks. "Like, a friend who's a girl? Y/N! Can you be my girlfriend?" He asks me. I chuckle and shake my head. "Kid, a girlfriend is when you like a girl more than jus a friend." I say. "Like a best friend?" He asks. "No, more." I say.

"Like....love?" He asks unsure. I nod. "Yeah. Like love." I say, looking at Sae-Byeok. She was watching Cheol and I with an adoring look. "So you love my sister?" He asks. I nod slowly, smiling. "Yes. Yes I do
————————
Word Count: 1280