-Chapter 10: A Fair World-

-
-
We all carried beds and frames to our area, creating a barricade. "Hey, 307." Someone says. I turn and see Deok-su. "I appreciate the work you're doing. Nice." He says before grinning. "But do you think these would do anything? We can get through easily." He says. "You're not worried at all? Those scumbags you've got over there on your side. They're the ones you trust?" I ask. He looks back, wary. Seo-Jun walks up beside me. "If that was me, the moment the fighting starts, you'd be the first one I'd go for." She says. "I mean, you are the strongest one here." I add. Deok-su looks back again as we cover the hole with a mattress. I turn and see Sae-Byeok looking at me before turning away.

"The lights will go out soon. They won't all come at once, so we should swap who keeps watch." Gi-hun says. "No, a pair should watch together." Sang-woo says. "A pair can keep each other away. One person could go and betray the team." He adds. We nod. The old man offers to go first and Gi-hun asks to go with him. The praying guy doesn't trust him so Sang-woo and Ali would go first, old man and Gi-hun second. I looked at Sae-Byeok to see her already asking Ji-yeong so I turned to Seo-Jun. She nods and smiles. We all lay down and as the lights turn off, we all fall asleep.

"Hey." I hear. I open my eyes to see Sae-Byeok next to me, shaking me away. "It's your turn." She says before nodding at the fence where Seo-Jun already was. I nod and Sae-Byeok takes my place in the bed as I walk over to Seo-Jun. I sigh as I watch Sae-Byeok turn away from the front, only seeing her back and hernumber. 067. "What's up?" Seo-Jun asks. She follows my gaze and chuckles. "It's so obvious. Like, you like her. She likes you." She says. I look at her suddenly. "What?" I ask. "I mean, she's so protective of you. Whenever I talk to you, she glares at me as if I was a monster. She protects you from harm. You do the same to her." She clarifies. I nod slowly. "Ask her out." Seo-Jun says. I chuckle and shake my head. "Let's move on." I say.

We sit in silence for a few minutes before she speaks up again. "What about you? How's your family like?" She asks. I explain how our parents died and she just nods. "Now, my little brother is going to a cheap school and soon, I might not even have enough money for him." I sigh and rub my head. "Sometimes, I wish that I could have one day....just one day....where things go my way." I say again. Seo-Jun pats my back. "Hey, don't worry. When we get out of here, you'll have as many great days as you want." She says. I smile at her and she returns the gesture. "No one seems to be attacking." She says. I look ahead at 101's area to see most of them asleep. "I guess our little warning worked." I replied, smirking slightly. Seo-Jun chuckles. "Seems like it." She adds.

"You know, when I first arrived here, I never thought I'd made it past the first round." She speaks. "I've never been one for socialising, and knowing games, you'd either have to beat someone or team up, yeah?" She asks. I nod in reply. "I always thought that I'd either be too anti-social to ask to join a team, as you saw when you found me....or I'd feel too bad to make someone lose." I smile at her words. Relatable.

"Well, lucky I found you then. Would've been a shame to put this great personality to waste." I say. She laughs at my words before we go silent again. After a while, she speaks up again. "For what it's worth, I think you'd make a cute couple." "Huh?" I blurt. "You and 067." At the mention of her, I look over at her sleeping form. So at peace... "done staring?" Seo-Jun asks, waving a hand in front of my face. I swat it away and shake my head. "Seriously though! You two have that badass couple vibe. No one would mess with you." She says. "Unless you're a useless thug I guess." She says, pointing at 101. I roll my eyes. "So while we're playing deadly children's games, you've been imagining me and 067 as a couple?" I retort, Seo-Jun smiles. "I like reading people....and when I saw you two, I just kinda wanted to shove you two together." She says. I chuckle and shake my head before waving my hand. "Yeah yeah. Whatever." I say.We talk about other things until an alarm starts blaring.

"Attention. Players, please make your way to the centre of the room." Our team slowly gets up. I watch Sae-Byeok as she sits up with her messy hair, looking around as if she didn't know what was going on before regaining her usual mood. Seo-Jun nudges me with her arm and I roll my eyes before swatting her away. I catch Sae-Byeok's eye again and smile. She just nods and turns away to get out of bed. The guards come storming in, throwing aside our barricade and pointing guns at us. "Move it." They say. We all stand up and walk out, lining up in the middle of the room. I watch as Gi-hun and 001 talk before my attention gets brought to the front of the room. The guards walk down the lines. Stopping in front of each of us for some reason. "Go away." I hear Mi-Nyeo say.

Suddenly, the classical music plays and the speaker starts up. "Attention players. The fourth game is about to begin. Please follow staff instructions, and make your way swiftly to the game hall. I will repeat my instructions." The guards lead us out, group by group. We go through the doors to the pastel staircases until we all stop at the sight of five figures hanging at the doorway. Four guards and a player. Player 111, the doctor. "Players, what you witness before you is the is what remains of those who broke the rules for their own benefits." I tune out the voice as I stare at the guards. They were willing to kill their own people too... "We truly apologise for letting such an unacceptable incident to occur." We continue walking and enter the white room again.

Mi-Nyeo goes to Deok-Su and starts mocking him. "What? Are you sad? Is your little connection dead?" She says, pretending to cry. She laughs and walks away. "I'm gonna kill that little slut." Deok-Su mutters. I turn away from them and sit with our little group. The speakers turn on again and the annoying lady speaks. "Players, welcome to the fourth game."

___________________
A/N: What do you think of Seo-Jun?
She's a Y/S/N shipper. XD. (Your ship name)

Word count: 1189