-Chapter 15: Front Man-

-
-
We walk back to the bunk room through the staircases. Sang-Woo at the front, Gi-Hun next, I was behind him and Sae-Byeok behind me . We were all silent until we arrived at the bunks. We stepped in. One at a time. Almost immediately, Gi-Hun calls for Sang-Woo. "Why'd you do that, huh?" He asks. "What the hell did you expect?" Sang-woo replies. "No. Why'd you go and push that guy?" Gi-Hun continues. "You got lucky waiting in the back of the line. Must have forgotten how things are here. What if that guy ended up wasting our time on that one step like that criminal? Would you have done nothing?" Sang-Woo questions.

I walk towards the pair, rolling my eyes at Sang-Woo's last comment. "Yeah, well he was on the last tile!" I say. "He would have moved to the next one soon." Gi-Hun adds. "How could you know that, huh? That guy could tell the tempered glass apart but didn't speak up and watched all those bastards die." Sang-Woo says. "The only reason the four of us made it was because he could tell the tiles apart!" Gi-Hun argues.

"Come on! Just stop it with this bullshit. That guy is not the reason that I'm still here, okay? I'll tell you the reason. It's that I'm willing to do almost anything to win this." Sang-Woo argues back. I step up right at his face. "Don't think we forgot about Ali. You still killed him. His bullet, is in YOUR hands." I shout, pointing my finger at his chest. "Get it together, huh?" Sang-Woo says, shoving me a little. "We'll be killing everyone if we want that money." He adds. He turns to Gi-Hun and points at him. "Think about it for just one second. You should be happy that there's someone who's not afraid to get his hands dirty." Sang-Woo says to him.

"And what if it was me on that tile?" Gi-Hun asks. "Oh come on. Gi-Hun! Your life is so damn pathetic, and here's why. It's because you always gotta open your mouth and ask something idiotic. Because you're a nosy-ass idiot who's too slow to keep it shut. Someone who always has to get into trouble but somehow can't tell he's in it." Sang-Woo shouts at him.

"Okay. That's right. That's how I got caught in all of this. But you're with me in this place. Isn't that interesting?" Gi-Hun asks, smirking a little. "Why is that?" Sang-Woo asks. "Ssangmun-dong's golden child, the genius Cho Sang-Woo who went to SNU was here?" Gi-Hun says, gesturing around him.
I shake my head as Gi-Hun continues shouting at him, but I just turn away, having enough of his crap. I turn and spot Sae-Byeok watching the exchange from the safety of her bed. I walk up to her and she looks at me. I look over her. She looked pale.

"You alright?" I ask her. "Don't worry, Princess. I'm fine." She says and pulls her knees to her chest attempting to give me her signature smirk. "Are you sure? Don't lie to me." I say. She doesn't respond. "Sae-Byeok. What is it?" I ask, taking her hands in mine. She looks down, a frown placed on her lips. "Tell me." I say.

Just then, the large doors open to reveal multiple guards and four small boxes. "Players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all for successfully making it through the first five games. The four of you are now the finalists and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought." The four guards with the boxes walk over to us, handing us a box each. I stand and Sae-Byeok does the same. Only slower.

"Come on." I say, walking to the bathroom. We enter the colourful room and the guard waits outside. I place my box down on the side of the sink and look at my reflection. My face was all cut up and scratched from the exploding glass earlier. I sigh and wash my face. Watching the blood go down the drain. I open the black box that was given to us and see a nicely folded tuxedo inside with the number '307' written on the side. I put it on. Making sure to keep my blood away from the crisp white shirt. I touch up my hair and do a final glance before leaving the bathroom and nodding at the guard to get Sae-Byeok. I wasn't allowed to see her yet. Or the other two guys.

I walk to the door of the bunk room to wait. After some time, the guard nods at me to go inside. I do and spot Sang-Woo and Gi-Hun at a large square shaped dining table. Both wearing tuxedos. One on each side. The guard leads me to one of the sides and I sit down. I nod at Gi-Hun before looking back at the door when it opens again to see Sae-Byeok walk in, also wearing the tuxedo and looking hot as hell.
God. I'm probably falling for this girl.

She gets shown to her side and she takes a slow seat. Classical music starts playing through the speakers as we all eye each other. Or more like, we all eye Sang-Woo. The square guard steps up and speaks. "Tonight's feast is prepared as a token of gratitude for the sacrifice and effort that you finalists have made, and to encourage you all to perform even more splendidly in the final game" a bunch of circle guards walk in with trays of covered dishes. They all place the plates and stuff on the tables in front of us while filling our glasses too. "Now please relax and enjoy your feast."

The covered dish in front of me is opened to reveal a large tomahawk steak, steaming in front of me. I lick my lips, waiting for the guards to leave us. The steak makes my mouth water. I can't remember the last time I had a nice meal like this. The guards leave us and immediately, Sang-Woo wolfs down his meal. Gi-hun does the same afterwards and I follow. I cut the meat and place it into my mouth, the saltiness and butter flavours melting in my mouth. I look at Sae-Byeok to see her gingerly picking up her cutlery and stabbing at the meat.. It wasn't long until we were almost, if not already, finished. I place my fork and knife down. Wiping my mouth as I look over at Sang-Woo to see his plate empty, aside from the bone. Gi-Hun's plate looks the same.

However, I look at Sae-Byeok's plate to see it barely touched. I give her a concerned look as the guard packs up our dishes. She shakes her head at me, silently telling me nothing is wrong. I don't believe her. Not one bit.
Gi-Hun seems to notice too because he gives me a look which tells me to ask her about it. I nod in reply to his silent words. The guards finish packing up, only leaving the single, lone knife that we used to eat in the center of our space. We knew what this was for. All of us did. It wasn't subtle at all.

We all glanced at each other. I met all of their eyes. Gi-Hun's confused ones, Sang-Woo's guilty ones and Sae-Byeok's worried ones. However, I reach out and slowly take my knife back to my pocket before seeing Sang-Woo do the same. I look at the other two to see Sae-Byeok shakily hold hers in front of her while Gi-Hun slips his into his pocket. God. This is going to be one hell of a night

——————————————
A/N: Cho Sang-Woo of Ssangmun-Dong VS Seong Gi-Hun of Ssangmun-Dong.

Word count: 1345