Scouted/Audition

5th of September 2016

Haejin as the narrator:

Thank lord for my sister Suzy. If it wasn't for her, I might as well be still studying in school. It all happened so fast. For one second I was boarding a plane to fly to Korea since she was taking a break and wanted some company. The next second I was hanging out with Suzy and then I got scouted. That's long story short. I was 14 years old. Suzy and I were both drinking iced americano in a cafe. She cringed at the taste while I sipped it as if it was nothing but plain water. 'How can you drink this Harley? It is literally watered down coffee!' I remembered her saying that. 'You know, I think you should try audition for a company sis.' she said casually. 'Really?' I asked 'Yeah totally, besides you looks beautiful, is a great dancer and has the voice of an angle.' she teased. 'Suzy-ah stop!' I said as I buried my face into my hands.

As if on cue, a hand was placed on my shoulder. 'Hello young lady, have you heard of JYP?' the hand belonged to a well dressed man. 'Yes sir, I have.' I replied while Suzy just winked at me. 'Would you like to come audition for the company?' he asked. 'I think she would love to.' Suzy answered for me. 'Bae Suzy, it's nice to see you. I see that the person I scouted is a friend of yours?' asked the man. 'My sister actually.' said Suzy politely. 'Well that makes a lot of sense, I guess the good looks run down throughout the family.' commented the man. 'Well, I'll see you around JYP young lady. Good luck.' he said and turned away. I looked at Suzy. Her smile was big enough to resemble a rainbow. 'Well.' she said. 'I'll go for a try.' I said while she hugged me tight.

A few days later...

Oh my god I'm freaking out! What should I do? I threw on a random top and matched it with a pair of shorts. I brushed my messy hair and dashed out the door. My boot clunking on the side walk. Suzy didn't live far from JYP so I was there in a matter of minutes. I was greeted at the door and assigned in to a room to wait in. I got a few stares from the other girls waiting. We bowed at each other and I sat down. 'Bae Hae-Jin!' a staff called as I stood up and entered another room. JYP was sitting behind a small desk. I bowed and greeted him. 'Please start when ever you are ready. I performed Boombayah by Blackpink, one of my favourite girl group.

He smiled at me and told me to come for a call back audition at 4:00 pm and gestured me to leave. I saw two girls outside the door. 'Hi there, good job! My name is Hwang Yeji and that's my friend Shin Ryujin and we are both trainees.' said a tall girl with cat like eyes. 'Thank you so much Yeji! I'm Hae-Jin.' I said shyly. 'Are you Bae Suzy's younger sister?' asked Ryujin curiously. 'Yes I am.' I smiled. 'I have a brother and he is also a trainee here.' said Yeji as we walked down the hall. 'Good luck, we hope you get in!' they said as we reached the door. 'Thanks bye!' I said.

After that I came back at 4 and got in. That's only the start of my journey and who knows what will happen next?