Straykids EP.9 Nine or None

(Since it probably wouldn't be fair for Haejin to be a part of the YG Battle and since she was eliminated before the basking challenge I'll be skipping from episodes 5 to 9!!!) 

The narrator takes over again...

She stared at her sweaty reflection. Loud music blasting in the background. Haejin wasn't stopping. She made up her mind to keep on going. Her new routine was coming along nicely and it would be in a matter of a few days before SM holds an audition (No! She will not be a part of Aespa. Sorry~) The beats stopped and share heard her ringtone instead. 

It was from an unknown number but she decided to pick it up. 

'Hello, Bae Haejin speaking.'

'Good. Thanks for picking up. Hello Haejin, this is Kim Sooyoung(Just a random name) from JYP entertainment. I'm Mr Park's assistant, I'm calling you on behalf of him to let you know that he wants to see you at his office tomorrow.'

'Wait? Really! Sorry, I mean thanks for letting me know. I'll come.'

'That's great! I wish you the best of luck Miss Bae. You know, I shouldn't be telling you this but I think Straykids isn't Straykids without you.'

'Thank you again, I hope the boys are doing alright. I'll hang up now.'

'Bye Miss Bae.'

She clicked the red button on the screen and instantly another call came in. But this one had a name.

That Lee Meanhoe

She picked up instantly.

'Hae! Did JYP's assistant call you?'

'Yes, did you get a call too?'

'Yeah, are you going to the company tomorrow?'

'I am, you?'

'I'm going, it seemed urgent.'

'I suppose Sooyoung did mention that Straykids isn't Straykids without us to you right?'

'She did- Omo! What if JYP is asking us to go back to Straykids?'

'You do have a point.'

'But it's just a point.'

'Well, we'll have to wait and see.'

'See you tomorrow Hae.'

'You too Min.'

The Next Day...

The morning sun woke Haejin up along with the soft vibration of her alarm. She pulled on the outfit she prepared last night. Yes, she was excited yet preoccupied. After blow-drying her hair, a knock was heard from the front door. 'Haejin! Minho is here!' Suzy shouted from the kitchen. She dashed downstairs from the bathroom and stopped at the stairs. 

Her eyes landed on him. His tall figure leans on the door frame. Their gazes met. He smiled and opened his arms wide. She tackled them into an embrace, burying her face into his neck. His smile grew wider when he felt her warmth. She did grow taller. Her features were more mature. She grinned like the child she still is and looked at him. 

'It's so good to see you.' they said at the same time and burst into a mess of lighthearted giggles. He pecked her forehead lightly and lead her to the door. They were engaged in a conversation so deep that they were at the company in no time. 

Quite different to the previous part of the journey, they walked silently down the hallway. Hand in hand. She felt him shudder as they stopped in front of the door. The door.

Haejin takes over the Narration:

Minho proceeded to open the door and we stepped in. 

PD-nim looked at us. His eyes trailed our steps.

I smoothed the invisible crease on my jeans and sat down next to Minho.

'After elimination, I heard that you keep practising every day.' he begins, slowly as usual. 

I saw Minho nod slowly so I nodded too.

'It must be really hard after you two got eliminated right?' he started deep into our souls.

'Yes.' Minho spoke first.

'The reason I called you today is...' I felt my breathing stop.

'I have been thinking about various things and then...' I glanced at Minho, he bit his lip and held my hand under the table.

'After you, the two of you left, it somehow felt a little different from what happened when you were working as a nine.'

We nodded hesitantly.

'Because up until now you have been well prepared and have spent quite some time practising.'

Minho swallowed.

'One more time.' he paused. The silence stopped the time.

'I would like to have a chance to watch you again.' my breathing quickened and I squeezed Minho's hand under the table.

'So...' JYP PD-nim said, seemingly thoughtful.

'Before I give my final decision, I think it would be better for me to see a stage of nine members and afterwards, give my final decision.'

Minho and I gasped and stared at him. We nodded eagerly.

'In some way, this can be the chance I gave you two but also in another way, it can be the cause to also have to suffer another wave of brutal, yet upsetting things once again. So I am going to be careful with my choices' JYP announced solemnly.

'But, with another chance, we can finally work things out to make us feel better right?' he added.

'Yes.' Minho and I said in unison.

'You may go now, I expect you at my office tomorrow at 7?' PD-nim cracked a smile which we gladly returned. 

'Thank you.' we bowed 90 degrees at him and exited the room.

We hugged each other in the hallway and laughed.

'Strawberry ice cream?' Minho asks.

'Always.' I beamed