Straykids EP.9 Nine or None (PART:2)

Hyunjin's POV:

Early this morning, Chan burst into the dorm. His hair was wild, his breathing uneven. 'Jeez Hyung, you look like you just had a battle with a hurricane.' mused Seungmin. 'And he lost!' shouted Felix from his bedroom. Chan chuckled slightly after catching his breath and gestured for the rest of us to sit down at the table. 'I have a surprise from Park Jinyoung PD-nim.' he shot us a mysterious smile. Everyone was beyond baffled so we just nodded. 'Trust me, your gonna like this one.' he grins. 'Especially you two.' he pointed at me and Jisung. 

Dude, what the hell?  I know you want me to make up with Jisung but you should stop trying.

'Oh, alright Hyung. Thanks!' Jisung beamed happily and continued to eat his breakfast. I shrugged an excuse and wandered out of the room soon after. 

Chan found me about ten minutes later, walking mindlessly around my room. I didn't notice him at first so when I felt someone tap me on my shoulder, I let out a little yelp. 'Oh hi Hyung, how long have you been here?' I giggled. 'Long enough to know where you hide your face cream.' my leader mocked. I gasped and pretended to faint dramatically whilst pulling him along onto my bed. 'I won't tell anyone Hyunjin-ah.' Chan pouted and ruffles my hair. 

We both just lay there, enjoying each other's company. 

Unexpectedly, Chan turned me towards him. 'Hyunjin.' he started quietly. 'Yeah.' I answered with an equal force. 'I've been thinking, ever since Jisungie kinda ruined things between Haejin and her friend.' he begin. 'I know I haven't been talking to him.' I finished. 'Things just got awkward okay? I mean, I shouldn't have shouted and I know I'm some annoying clingy ass dude who probably shouldn't even care so much about her.' I spilled all at once. Chan patted me on the back. I've known him for so long that I know this is how he silently comforts people.

'No.' he stated simply. I turned to look at him. My eyes probably resemble golf balls right now. 'I was gonna say that I don't blame you for being protective of Haejin, but I don't think you interpreted your opinion the best way. Jisung is human too. You have feelings and so does he. I'm sure he knows that he's wrong enough to be sorry. Just give him a chance, to me, you both have to add adjustments to your dance and rap. Don't just insult each other.' Chan explains and left me thinking.

[Time Skip]

'Hyunggggggg! Don't tell me filming is the surprise!' whined Seungmin as we all lined up at the studio. 'Well, it's a part of the surprise.' Chan reasons. 'Okay, get ready everyone! Action!' The cameraman shouted and started filming. We stood there silently. The door handle moved and our PD-nim walked in. The seven of us all bowed 90 degrees to greet him. 

He looks at us, his irises fixated on me for a couple of seconds. I felt my insides go cold, I thought Chan said this was a surprise? 

THE NARRATOR TAKES OVER :)

'So, Haejin and Minho.'

With that sentence, PD-nim seemed to have the group's attention wrapped around his fingers.  By this point the boys are staring at him intently right now, dying to know what would leave his mouth next.

'I called them to be here.'

This sentence changed the mood rapidly just like his first. The latter all turned to Chan as he cracks a smile at them. JYP gestures to the door and all of them craned our necks just in time to see Haejin walk in. They all gasped when catching sight of her. Her style has completely changed. Her usual swept-up hair now danced freely, cascading down her shoulder blades, almost reaching her lower back. A shiny belt was fastened around her slim waist, the gold metal contrasting beautifully with her snatched black pants. On contrary her flannel jacket was oversized, allowing her white button-up shirt to peek through. Though on her face, she wore the same lively smile. 

Minho soon walked in afterwards, bowing to JYP just like his friend. A wave of laughter boomed across the room. The two groups stared down at each other from across the room, who knew their distance of a few meters seemed so far right now. The attention went back to JYP again when he started speaking.

'We all have to do this so you all.' He paused, swallowing.

'So you all and I too will take a greater decision later and thus have no lingering regrets in our hearts again.' 

The nine of them nodded vigorously.

He then turned to Haejin and Minho.

'I hope you can do your best to prepare the performance once again.'

'Yes.' they replied in unison.

Everything is right at this moment. 

'But.' All heads snapped in JYP's direction.

'In order for me to take more accurate evaluation. I hope you can prepare a stage as a seven of you and also prepare a stage with nine together.'

They all sighed with relife and nodded.

'I will watch those two stages and then decide the finale number of members.'

'Well, it will be a precious thing for the nine of you to do the finale mission with full fighting spirit together. Prepare it well and I hope there will be a good result coming from it.' JYP finished with a flourish.

'Understand?'

He eyed all the members one by one.

'Yes!'

'Do well.' JYP concludes

'Thank you! Goodbye!' Stray kids chorused.

They all bowed at their PD-nim for the last time and watched him exit the practice room.