How Haejin Met Seungmin

Haejin as Narrator:

Lyrics from Sting by: Stellar (Disbanded)

'모른 척하는 아닌 척 하는 Judas Kiss or What' I sang clearly into the microphone as I practiced my vocals. 'That was good Miss Bae. But you need to add more emotion into your pronunciation. The you chose is a song about being tired about a relationship so you must try and feel like you're a girl feeling frustrated about your imaginative relationship.' said my Vocal coach as she shook her head. I sat down near the wall and took a deep breath so tears won't fall. 'I'm sorry. I'll try to do better, if there's any chance.' I mumbled sadly. 'Oh don't say that, there a trainee here that might help you with your problem. His name is Kim Seungmin from a training group called Stray Kids. I'll tell him to meet up with you for tomorrows session.' said the coach sympathetically. 

Stray Kids. I guess they are really popular around here. I nodded silently at the coach grabbed my things. I picked up my guitar from my dorm and sat in a spare studio. I stared blankly at a piece of paper and wondered if I could write something. What about a song of my own? I glanced at a keyboard and started playing some basic chords. Suddenly everything started pouring out. Jaechu's bullying and how no body understands how I feel. The pressure was all released and I was willing to try harder. I was feeling so down about it but I know that everything was going to be okay.

(A/N: The song she wrote was You Never Know by: Blackpink..... XD lol)

'애써서 활짝 웃었던 날에밤은 왜 더 어두울까 It keeps bringing me down.' I said as I wrote it down. The more I thought and reflected the more words I wrote. A few hours later I was done. '그럴수록 I'ma shine, baby. You know they ain't got a shot on me.' I finished as I played the last chord. I sighed as I shut my laptop and unplugged the power chord from the keyboard. I scanned my tiered eyes across the score and noticed the gap on the top of the page. 'What should I name it?' I said half to no one. I thought long and hard until I came up with the perfect name. You Never Know I scribbled at the top of the page and clamped it securely into my folder.

The Next Day...

'Room 43.' I muttered as I opened the door. It was a studio made for two, with a set of chairs and a small table. I set my bag in the corner and adjusted the microphone. I heard the door open and saw a tall boy walk in. His eyes were a soft brown and his face was finalised with soft features, reminding me of a puppy . He gave me a charming smile while I nodded. Even though I kept my cool I was panicking on the inside. I hated singing in front other people. I was indeed god at dancing but I am very insecure about my voice. It was very smooth and on the deeper side. I was worried what people would say about it.

'Hello, you must be Haejin. My name is Kim Seungmin and I am 16 years old.' He said politely and bowed at me. 'Hello Seungmin oppa. I am Bae Haejin and I'm 14 years old.' I said quietly. I was shifting from foot to foot and doing what Suzy called "The Square Dance" because I was moving in a square. 'Don't be nervous, I promise I'm not creepy.' Seungmin chuckled softly as he walked closer. I looked at him. Just for a second. I felt his warm hands on my shoulder as he guided me towards the mic. 'So..um..can I hear what song you chose.' he asked carefully.

I nodded and sang with the song all the way up the first chorus. He applauded at the end while I blushed. 'You have a very unique voice.' he commented. My eyes darted upwards and I looked at him. 'I love it.' he said. 'Thanks. You're the first to say that. Most people just said I sounded weird.' I said, opening up a bit. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He told me where to work on and we continued for hours. 

A few hours later... (Without the sponge bob voice)

Seungmin and I were talking freely as we both drank water. I found out that he was one of the lead vocalists in Stray Kids. Suddenly three people walked into the room. It was 3RACHA. 'Oh sorry, we didn't know that someone was using this room.' said Chan as he turned to go. 'Oh don't leave Hyung. Haejin and I were nearly done anyways.' Seungmin said quickly while I nodded. 'It's nice to see you agian Haejin.' said Jisung. 'It's nice to see you too, Seungmin and I were practicing vocals. Thanks to him I got better.' I said while I beamed at Seungmin. 'It was nothing.' said Seungmin flustered. 

'Wow, you are exactly like Suzy noona. To begin with you are a great dancer, I heard from the others that you have a great voice. And I was told by Hyunjin that you Rap too.' said Chan. 'Can you please show us?' said Jisung enthusiastically. I hesitated a bit. I saw Changbin eye me. 'Jisung, don't push her.' said Chan kindly. 'No no no no it's fine. I can sing Whistle by Blackpink.' I said shyly. The music started and I took a deep breath. Yeah, 모든 남자들이 날 매일 check out. 대부분이 날 가질 수 있다 착각, 절대 많은 걸 원치않아 맘을 원해 난. 넌 심장을 도려내 보여봐.  아주 씩씩하게 때론 chic, chic 하게, So hot, so hot 내가 어쩔 줄 모르게 해. 나지막이 불러줘,내 귓가에 도는 휘파람처럼.'

They all clapped when I was done while I bowed. Changbin smiled at me, for the first time. 'That was great, I feel like I'm the only one here that can't Rap.' said Seungmin while Jisung laughed. 'Well teach you.' Chan said while ruffling his hair. I laughed and they all laughed along.