(INTERVAL FROM THE SHOW#3) You Never Know

Hyunjin as Narrator:

'Hyung wheres Haejin?' asks Jeongin for the trillionth time today. 'Studio.' I muttered curtly. 'She's still there?!' screeched Chan hyung. He eruptively leapt off the couch and sprinted out the door with Changbin hyung close behind. 'Should we go with them?' Seungmin glanced at me for approval.  'Well, I going no matter what you say!' Jisung beats me to it and made a mad dash to the door. 'HAN JISUNG YOU COME BACK HERE!' I shouted and the door slammed shut in return. 'Hyunjin, we should probably go.' reasons Felix chucking me my coat. The other three and I stepped into the elevator and waited for the long tedious squeaking to end. 'BOO!' I.N and Felix jumped at the noise and hid behind me and Seungmin. 'Jisung, really?' I frowned at him while he shot me a smug grin. 

The weather was making me feel sluggish, cold gusts of wind swirling around my face. Our journey to the company turned out to be even slower with Jisung and Felix shuffling slowly and messing around like monkeys. I let out a sigh and my heart instantly felt heavy, everything seemed to have fallen apart ever since Minho left. Jisung was more "quiet", Haejin was basically never seen, Chan pulled more late nights and Jeongin practiced almost every hour due to the fear of being eliminated. As for Felix, Haejin is teaching him Korean and as the sunshine of our group he seems to be doing great. I never knew things could go so wrong after our first elimination. I didn't want to seem like I'm losing faith but it looks like the puzzle of Straykids would be having more than just one missing piece.

'Hyung, we're hear' Jeongin tapped me on the shoulders and I snapped out of my thoughts. We entered the building and received greetings the staff members. I smiled weakly and picked up my pace. The elevator door creaked shut and we were making our way to level 3. We strode down the hall and saw Chan and Changbin hyung crowded at the studio door. 'Chan hy-' Felix started but was shushed by Chan. Changbin gestured us forwards and pointed into the studio. Me and the others piled at the entrance, out heads squishing each others. I peeked in and found Haejin singing into the microphone.  "내가 그려왔던 그림 속에찢어버린 곳들까지다 비워내고 웃을 수 있게보기 싫었던 나와 마주할래." (I've been drawing in the picture, Even in the torn places) She hit the hight note beautifully and stopped paused recording. The backing track on the lyrics sounded like no other song. I wonder if she wrote it herself.

She picked up the violin with her slender fingers and played some more and scribbled on a sheet of paper. I.N coughed suddenly and her eyes darted towards the door. Chan gasped which made Changbin jump causing him to bump Felix and finally they all collapsed on to me. I hissed as they thumped on me one by one. 'Omo are you guys okay?!' she kneels down and yanked me off the ground. 'Thanks Haejin, we are okay.' shrugs I.N and while she glanced around the room. 'I'm glad you guys are alright but how many of the song did you here?' she played with her hair nervously, a blush creeping up her face. 'Ummmmm about that.' begin Chan hyung. 'We heard the whole thing.' Jisung blurted out. Oh no I facepalmed.

'Well not exactly the whole thing but It was really good though.' commented Changbin. 'Thanks.' she muttered quietly. 'Can we hear the whole thing?' asks Chan. Her face darkened instantly. 'Only if you're comfortable!' he added quickly. She seemed thoughtful for a second but shook her head reluctantly. 'That's okay, but if you need help with it feel free to ask me.' Chan smiles and gestures the members to leave. 'Get some rest Haejin!' Felix smiled at her and ducked out the door. I sighed and started walking out. I know I shouldn't be jealous of Felix but I just can't help being bummed out about the fact that they're so close. 'Hyunjin.' I felt someone tap my shoulder. I saw Haejin, a faint blush on her face. 'Yeah.' I said softly. 

'Do you want to hear it? I mean you don't have to but I just wanted to-' she rambled on and fiddled with her fingers cutely. 'I'd love to' I smiled and my heart felt giddy and light for a second. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the studio. I plopped down into the couch and she started the backing track. 

I clapped and grinned knowingly as her. 'That was great.' I whispered into her ear as I gave her a squeeze. 'Thanks.' she breathed.

We lingered in the moment.

Eyes locking.

Unknowingly the thought of her and Felix crept into my head.

Haejin's POV:

'Do you like Felix?' Hyunjins asked.

 A glint of worry evident in his eyes.

'No.' I replied, confused.

'Good.' he mutters.