(FINAL SURVIVAL SHOW EPISODE!!!) It's Nine or Never

Haejin as Narrator:

The first thing I recalled happening after PD-nim left was getting crushed by Hyunjin's arms. I felt so overwhelmed by all the happiness. I savoured his warmth, both of our eyes glistening with tears.

'You're back.' he muttered, his voice cracking as tears fell freely down his face.

'Yeah.' was all I could breathe out before we both got tackled into a group hug.

We all broke apart after what seemed like an eternity. Chan Oppa puts his hands on me and Minho's shoulder. 'I'm so grateful. Don't worry, I promised all of us we can debute as nine.' he beams. The three of us shared another brief hug. Jisung slowly approached me after and gave me a small smile.

'Hey.' he whispered awkwardly and glanced behind him. I followed his gaze to find meet Hyunjin's piercing glare. The look in his eyes faltered when he saw me. I glanced at Jisung and shook my head at him. He nods curtly before returning to his conversation with Minho.

'Did you guys fight again?' I suggested after connecting the dots. 'Yeah, he got mad at me for um, you know.' he sighs, his shoulders sagging. 'For "destroying my friendship with Sunghoon"' I laughed whilst making air quotes. 'It's no big deal Oppa, I'm getting over it.' I waved my hands dismissively, trying to cheer him up.

'I know you're over it but Hyunjin isn't.' he shrugs. 'Just talk to him, you're human and he is too. Right now your feelings are muddled up but you should take the first step to fix it.' I reasoned. 'You sound like Chan Hyung.' he whined. 'Who happens to be right.' I giggled. 'Fine, but don't expect me to compliment him on his rap though.' he mumbled inaudibly, even though he knew damn well that I heard him. I snickered and pulled him to Hyunjin.

I watched as the normally outgoing Han shrunk into his little shell. He drags himself to the other end of the practice room and called out for Hyunjin. I watched them talk for a bit before Hyunjin pulled him in for a hug. All the members cheered along with me as the two finally made up. I'm glad they finally stopped throwing grenades at each other.

'Hyunjin.' I tapped the tall male on the shoulder. 'Yes Haejin.' he smiles cutely, his eyes forming a line. 'T-thank you so much to- no I mean uh... for caring so much about me.' I squeaked quickly, suddenly shy when he was in front of me. His smile and stare are giving me "The Effect" and I felt myself slowly melting from it.

'How about we go out for dinner?' shouts Changbin, saving me from embarrassing myself further. The whole gang approved instantly. Now that I think of it, I don't remember the last time I ate a proper meal.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Le Time Skip

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'To everyone, we must stay together, we can debut as a nine, Straykids, fighting!' Chan Oppa said, making a toast.

As our glasses clinked I felt happiness blossom in my chest. The smile that took days for me to fish out from the murky depth of my heart floated. Bobbing at the surface of my lips.

I know I'm going to debut with them because without me and Minho we are not Straykids.

Together it's Nine or Never.

A/N:

Hooray!!! The survival show is finally over!!! Excuse for for using an absurd amount of exclaimation marks but I don't care!!!

Now we can get to the good stuff!!! Please please please if you have any suggestions feel free to drown the comments section!!!

I'll be waiting!!!

Ro Red

Andddddddd froggie:

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🐸*:・゚✧*:・゚✧