(INTERVAL FROM SHOW #5 Part 2) Sometimes it hurts instead

The Narrator returns:

Bleak. 

That seems to be the word of the day. 

Bleak as in how Haejins heart felt empty

Bleak as in how Hyunjin tossed and turned on his bed alone

Bleak as in the cold wind tore through the park where Jisung was waiting all by himself

Bleak as in Sunghoon still hiding in the changing rooms of the ice rink isolated

Bleak. As in what people feel when hope seemed hard to find when it's thought that all is lost

Haejin never thought how achieving her dreams could be so painful. Even if you had to work hard for what you love. The time was now split into seconds. Harder to grasp.

Lurking behind the bushes, she could see his Oppa. Jisung. His usual goofy smile was wiped away. As if it was merely painted on. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, hitting the ground like rain. Somehow, the guilt seemed to find her heart too. She shouldn't have run out so abruptly. 

The faint light on his phone illuminated the sadness on his face. Sunghoon leaned against the wall. Unsure how to process everything. His best friend. His past crush used to feel the same.

Did he regret not confessing? No. He didn't. He knew their friendship would end like this. He just didn't expect it was her. Something was stopping him from replying to her, telling her that he still wanted to be friends. Perhaps it was his inner awkwardness? Or something much much deeper. 

Just leave her on read for now

Meanwhile, Jisung was losing hope. Why was he so foolish. Always speaking before he can think about it. I guess Hyunjin was right about one thing. 

Flashback:

'You idiot! Why do YOU always speak before you think about it in your STUPID BRAIN! Hyunjin lashed out, venom dripping off his words. 

His glare was piercing and the rare frown on his face was getting deeper. He stepped forward sharply, causing the younger to flinch. The burning flame in Hyunjin's eyes faltered. He turned around and ran to his room. Leaving Jisung there, trembling from the shock.

Present...

His leg ached when he stood up, Haejin was never going to come. 

Jisung tugged the cap on his head and looked at the entrance one last time.

'Jisung wait!' 

He felt a sudden burst of warmth.

'I'm sorry!' they both exclaimed exasperatedly.

They stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

'Can we please forget it.' pleaded Haejin and pulled him in for another embrace.

'Yes please.' he muttered softly.

Haejin placed a hand on his shoulder and looked at him. 'You know, it isn't your fault. I never stated that you should've kept it a secret and also.' she paused.

'Love sometimes hurts instead. It isn't always rainbows and K-drama.' she chuckled while a lopsided grin tugged his lips.

A few hours ago...

The seven boys kept silent the whole way they walked home. The steam was beyond the boiling point for Hyunjin. 

Felix covered his ears the moment Changbin locked the door.

'I know I'm sorry! I messed up! Big time!' 

'Messed up huh? IF YOU KNEW YOU MESSED UP WHY DID YOU SAY IT!'

'Please, calm down!' Chan tried interfereing

'I'M SORRY. I TRY TALKING TO HER I'LL MAKE IT UP-

'YOU SHOULD'VE SAID SORRY BACK THEN YOU INCONSIDERATE, STUPID AND DUMB IDIOT!'

'WHY ARE YOU REACTING MORE THAN HAEJIN HERSELF?!'

'IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS HAN JISUNG!' 

Hyunjin stopped to compose his voice.

'She's only bottling up her anger because you're older than her you b-

'NO SWEARING!' shouts Chan.

'I was going to say, bastard.' He muttered.