(INTERVAL FROM SHOW): The Meeting

Haejin POV:

"Why did you agree to join Straykids?"

The question echoed inside my head. I wanted to open my mouth but the growing lump in my throat stopped me from doing so. It felt like the moment I spoke my voice would break. All the stress I've been through would fall out like a giant tidal wave. I looked around the room. The tense aura made the room stuffy and I found it hard to breath. The boys were all looking at me. ME. ME! This is it. Suddenly something wet dripped on to my hands. I swiped my fingers across my cheeks and saw them damp with tears. I recalled the last time I cried was when Jaechu bullied me. All the things I've been through from there on seems to be leading to now. This is my moment to prove to all my worries that I am worthy and I am going to debut with Straykids. 

Silently, I wiped clean my face and made eye contact with each of them. I stood there. Readier then ever. I opened my mouth and started to speak. 'I joined Straykids because Chan saw the potential in me that no one saw.' I stopped and heard my voice bounce around the walls. It's so weird to hear myself so loud and clearly. I took a deep breath and continued. 'It gave me confidence to make me realise that I'm worth it. After going through so much, I found my old self doubting myself again. I'm really sorry, I know this is hard for everyone. Including me. I've been under so much pressure because I'm different. I was so scared to tell anyone because I thought you guys would judge me. But, I didn't notice that all the help I needed was right here. Everyone of you.' I finished. 

I was half expecting them to just burst out laughing or scold me for being such an idiot but I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me. I looked up to see Hyunjin. A warm and soft smile displayed on his face, complimenting his features that were practically screaming handsome. The shape of his eyes, his thin lips and flawless face. Wait, what am I talking about? I snapped out of it immediately and hugged back. It felt so good. Feeling his warmth against me made me feel safe and bubbly. All the Straykids members joined in and soon I was the centre of a big group hug. This was a moment that I must treasure. It felt like a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders. I smiled softly and looked at Hyunjin. He looked away for a split second and I saw that the side of his cheeks were a little pink. 

Eventually, we all broke apart and smiled at each other. Chan walked forward and placed his hand on my shoulder, just like the day when we walked to JYP's office. 'I'm so glad you joined Straykids. We all think that you're talented, unique, special and overall just what our team needs. I'm sorry if you felt left out or insecure. If you do feel those things again, please never hesitate to share it with all of us. As a group, we are also a family. We look after each other and always help them when they're in need.' he made eye contact with me and spoke in a kind but serious voice. 'Thank you Chan, and all of you guys.' I said gratefully and gestured at the other members too. Minho winked at me and I winked back. 'Oh wait, just one more thing Haejin!' Chan said suddenly. 'Do you trust us?' he asked. 

'Yes, I do.' I replied confidently.

I knew I made the right choice.

Hyunjin POV (With a little bit of Minsung♥):

I was so worried when I saw shiny tears rolling down Haejin's cheeks. She still looks so beautiful even though she's crying. I glanced across my shoulders and saw Chan bite his lips. Felix, silently fiddling with his fingers while Changbin has his shoulders tensed. Out of all of them Minho looked the most nervous. He was practically shaking. Jisung noticed and gave his hand a squeeze. Haejin started to speak out of no where. I was so surprised to hear her speaking confidently. It was so different to her usual soft and low one.

"After going through so much, I found my old self doubting myself again. I'm really sorry, I know this is hard for everyone. Including me. I've been under so much pressure because I'm different. I was so scared to tell anyone because I thought you guys would judge me. But, I didn't notice that all the help I needed was right here. Everyone of you."

She finished talking and looked at us worriedly. I walked up to her and gave her a reassuring hug. I've never really hugged any other girl except Yeji. My heart rate was going as fast as a fleeing rabbit when I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame. She looked up and my eyes met with her brown ones. I felt my face go tingly.  Slowly I felt Haejin move closer, her chest pressing lightly on mine. She hugged back tightly and the rest of Straykids joined in for a group hug. While all the members held each other tightly, Haejin looked at me. My cheeks instantly flared up and I turned away to compose myself.

I can't be falling over her that quick!

Right?