~4~ whatever

I receive a text from Karl when I come home from the sandwich shop.

Karl

Join the vc

We want to talk to you guys

My first response is rolling my eyes, but I reluctantly join the vc anyways.

I see the vc with Karl, Quackity and Dream. George must've left to go to sleep since he lives in a completely different timezone. I notice right as Sapnap joins the call, so I join right after.

"What did you think you were doing?" Karl asks, although I can tell he's joking after all these years being related to him.

"I went to get a sandwich," Sapnap says matter-of-factly, "Why do you have such a problem with that?"

"Because you were with my sister, nimrod," Karl scoffs, "Where is she? I told her to- Oh hi Taegan."

"Hi Karl," I roll my eyes, "You were saying?"

"You two better be joking," Karl says, "You guys can't date?"

I lean on my elbows towards the screen, intrigued, "Why not, Karl?"

"Because I said so,"

"How convincing," Sapnap laughs.

"Really, Karl?" Quackity laughs, "That's what you got?"

"Yeah, I think that works," Karl argues, "I'm older than both of them, so I'm in charge."

"I think maturity-wise," I say, "I'm the oldest."

Quackity laughs, "That's true. That's true, sorry guys."

"Who's side are you on, Quackity?" Karl asks.

"Who said there were sides?" Quackity counters, "I'm here for the show."

"Whatever," Karl chuckles.

"Ouch," I laugh, "Karl really just lost the person he thought was on his side."

"I did not," Karl says.

"Who's on your side, then?" Sapnap asks, "Dream is deafened, so he doesn't count."

"Alright, you guys cannot team up on me," Karl giggles, "And Quackity you cannot just sit back and watch. Pick a side."

In response, Quackity mutes.

"You are so annoying,"

"Sucks for you," I laugh.

Dream undeafens. "Okay, sorry. I'm back."

"Oh wow," I say, "he speaks."

"What? I join the call for two seconds and you attack me?" Dream chuckles.

"I didn't attack," I counter, "You'll know if I'm trying to insult you, trust me."

"Whatever," Dream waves me off, "Sapnap, you cannot just leave the house for some girl."

"Woah woah woah," Sapnap says, "I can do whatever I want mom, and she is not just some girl. She's Karl's sister."

"Woah woah woah," I imitate, "First of all, thanks dude but I can handle myself. Second of all, I am not just some girl or Karl's sister. I'm my own person, dickheads."

Quackity unmutes, "You tell 'em, Tae," then mutes again.

"Either way, Taegan," Dream says my name as if it's a sour in his mouth, "Nick should tell me if he leaves for a meet up with a stranger."

"Did you just eat a lemon or something?" I ask seriously.

"What?" Dream asks, "No."

"Then why did you say my name like that?"