~20~ now

~six months later~

The air smells of smoke as Karl starts up the fire with Nick. We decided to do a bonfire tonight under the stars for the full moon. I grab one of Nick's sweatshirts and sit on a chair by myself.

"Shit," Nick whispers under his breath, clutching one of his fingers.

"You okay?" Alex turns to ask as he brings out marshmallows, a request specifically from me.

"Yeah, the flame just jumped out and attacked me." Nick hands the stick he was using to Karl, who carefully sets it down.

"You mean the flames grew legs to jump at you? That's like a scientific miracle," Clay jokes as he shuts the back door.

"Shut up," Nick sits next to me, and I snuggle up closer. "Where's George?"

"He's still waking up," Clay points his thumb towards the inside of the house.

A Border Collie dog sits on my feet. I lean over to scratch behind his ears. "Hey Vegas," I whisper, although I know he's really just here for Nick. Vegas likes me, but he loves Nick. I am forever jealous about that, too.

"He knows it's like ten at night, right?" Alex chuckles as he sits next to Karl.

"He's still getting used to the timezones," Clay grabs a marshmallow and plops it into his mouth.

"It's been almost ten months in America," Nick scoffs, also petting Vegas, "He should be used to it by now."

"Who should be used to what now?" George asks as he walks out, holding another Border Collie.

"Why are you holding Celeste like she's a baby?" I laugh, "She's almost too big for that now."

George shrugs as he sits down with the dog in his lap. "I think she likes it."

Nick and I decided to rescue Vegas and Celeste a couple months ago. We were originally only going to get one, but they're siblings so separating them wasn't an option.

They're both the sweetest dogs we've ever met. Vegas has a lot more energy, and Celeste just craves attention all the time. Vegas likes every single person he meets as long as they'll play with them, although Nick somehow comes out on top.

Celeste is a little pickier with who she spends her time with. She usually will pick either me or George to hang out with because we're both suckers who will bend to her ever beck and call. George has made it his personal mission to make her like him more than she like me. I just shrug and go along with it, but I think she'll forever be mine.

"Does anyone know where I left my soda?" Alex asks as he scans the area.

"I think it's in my room," I say as I think back to where we were hanging out. I moved in with the Dream Team a couple months ago, right around when we got the dogs. I was hanging out at the house so much that it just didn't make sense for me to live somewhere separate. Plus, I wanted the dogs to live in one place instead of going back and forth.

"That's too far," Alex complains, "I'll get it later."

"Your lazy ass better not leave it in my room, mister." I raise my brows at him.

He puts his hands up in defense. "I would never."

"Yes you would, don't lie." George rolls his eyes.

"Maybe like once," Alex tries to redeem himself.

"No, you are the worse at leaving cans everywhere," Karl giggles.

Karl and Alex don't live with us at the moment. Alex is considering moving closer, but Karl has to stay in North Carolina for Mr. Beast.

They continue arguing for a while before we grow into a comfortable silence.

"Someone should tell a scary story," George says as he gives Celeste a little hug.

We all think for a moment before Karl pipes up, "I have one."

"It better be good," I snuggle deeper into Nick's chest, ready to listen.

"Once upon a time," Karl begins in a serious tone, "when Taegan was two, she po-"

"Oh my gosh, Karl," I sit up straight, "You have got to be kidding me."

"What is the story?" George asks.

"Yeah, the people want to know, Taegan," Alex adds, "they want to know what you did when you were two."

"I did nothing," I try to say it seriously, but I laugh a little at the end. "Nothing to worry about."

"I've been dating you for seven months, and I have no idea what this story is." Nick complains, "Can I at least know?"

"No," I shake my head. This is just too embarrassing.

"It's probably not even interesting," Clay shakes his head, "You're probably worried that you'll look like an idiot."

"You're an idiot, Dream," I stick my tounge out at him.

"Oh really? We're going by streamer names now?" he laughs, "Okay, Taegan Jacobs."

"He just called you out," alex covers his mouth as if I just got roasted.

"What? How?" I laugh, completely missing the point.

"He just called you out for copying my username," Karl explains with a giggle.

"I did not," my jaw drops a bit, "that was just what everyone knew about me before I started streaming."

"Oh, I'm sure that's what it is," Clay nods his head but has a sarcastic expression on his face.

I roll my eyes. All of these boys are complete idiots, but it doesn't matter to me. Each of them means so much to me.

We laugh all night as we live our amazing lives. We don't worry about or past, or what our future holds. All that's in our heads is this moment that we're living out right now.

And I love it. In a totally indescribable way, underneath the full moon atop the clear night sky, I am in love with this moment.

I am in love with our now.

~end of part one~

~author's note~

for those of you confused-

this is not the end of the book please continue reading! BUT please be aware that the next part has a lot of angst in it, and if that is not your thing then i suggest you dont continue and come back to another book of mine later!

also some parts were missing (like in Nick and Tae's relationship and when they got the dogs) that will be explained in the second part! i wanted to give people who aren't going to read the second part to get a little happy ending as well :))

i hope you guys are enjoying/enjoyed! i am very excited for this next part!