~9~ lydia

"You better drive safe because you are carrying precious cargo," Karl tells me as he closes the trunk of my car, "I mean, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Sapnap."

I jokingly hit him in the stomach. "What about me, jerk?"

"Eh," he shrugs.

"How are either of you going to be safe in that?" Quackity asks, gesturing to my car as he walks over to us.

"Shut up," I say as I scan the car for my coffee, "Lydia is my baby, okay?"

"Your baby is a 2001 Toyota Camry that's using duck tape to hold a mirror together." Karl points out.

"Have you seen the bumper?" Nick asks as he walks to the front of the car, "It's one strong wind gust from falling off."

"Oh, that's a new development." Karl raises his eye brows. "What did you do to get this one?" he calls out to me.

I put my middle finger in the air as I walk back into the house in search of my coffee cup.

"What color is the duck tape?" I hear Quackity ask before I shut the door.

That car is almost the same age as Nick, Quackity and I. I got it from my Dad when I was seventeen. There's no need for a new car when I have a perfectly good one. It still hold gas, and it gets me to wherever I need to be. That's all cars were made for, right?

I grab my coffee off of the kitchen counter. Right where I left you. 

I can still hear the guys talking when I walk back out the door.

"This scratch right here is when she accidentally hit her car with an entire shopping cart at the grocery store." Karl is explaining to the guys. "I watched it all happen as I was getting into my own car."

Quackity looks up from the dent to me. "You are never driving my car."

"It's not that bad," I roll my eyes.

"You are never driving my car," Quackity repeats as he points to a different, big dent on the side of my door.

"That's from opening my door too hard," I say in my own defense, "not from my driving skills."

"Correction," he laughs, "You are never going near my car."

I wave it off. "We're going to be fine, right Nick?"

"Oh yeah, we'll be great." He gives a thumbs up before turning to Karl, "My youtube and twitch channels go to you."

"I heard that," I say as I put my drink in the cupholder.

"Heard what?"

"Mhm," I roll my eyes, turning to Quackity. It was time to say goodbye.

"Drive safe, okay?" Quackity whispers as he embraces me into a hug.

"I will,"

"I'm serious, okay? No accidents." He puts both hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes.

"Deal."

He hugs me once more. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I laugh.

I give Karl a hug afterwards. "Bye, loser." The sound of my voice is muffled into his chest.

"Bye, nimrod," he says as he lets go.

~couple hours later.. Still in the car~

Nick taps his fingers to the beat on the armrest. We've been sitting in a comfortable quiet for the past hour.