~15~ favorite place

I sigh as I stare up at the ceiling of the boy's living room. They're all sitting on their phones or editing or doing something in a peaceful quiet around me.

But I'm bored.

I want to do something. I want to go out and have fun on a adventure. We should go somewhere. We need to give Alex and Karl, even George, the full Florida experience. We need to show them, yes we are a little crazy around here, but we also have so many amazing things to love around here too.

I sit up on the couch. All five guys keep their eyes focused on their screens, none of them even glancing up at the sign of movement.

I sigh loudly, tapping my foot. This time Nick glances up to ensure I'm okay before he continues texting.

All they've done for the past two hours is on their screens. Don't they need a break at some point? Maybe I'm not taking my new streamer job seriously enough, but I know there comes a point when it's not healthy anymore.

I sigh again.

"I swear if you sigh one more time, Taegan," Clay shoots daggers from his eyes as he speaks.

"I'm bored," I say, making eye contact, "All you guys have done is internet stuff."

Clay sets his computer to the side, leaning towards me. "What do you want to do then?"

Nick and Karl both look up from their screens. I think Alex is partially listening as he edits.

"I want to go on adventure," I smile.

"What?" Nick chuckles, "What kind of adventure are we talking here?"

I think for a moment. Where in this area could we go for an adventure?

Lights flash across my eyes as it dawns on me the perfect place.

~timeskip~

"Where are we going?" George complains as we drive along a dark road. He holds a fast food bag in his hands from when we stopped to get some dinner before going to my destination. They've all been instructed to not eat anything until we get there.

"You'll see," I smile.

We pull into a parking space and all get out of the car. The boys follow me across a short field before reaching a tree line.

"Is this legal?" Nick asks as he moves a branch out of my way for me.

"Probably not," Alex chuckles from somewhere behind me.

I ignore the question as a smile spreads across my face.

"What is this?" Clay's mouth drops open in awe of our view.

"My favorite place in the entire world," I say quietly.

Walking up to a broken wood fence, we see the city down below. The lights shine bright along with the stars on the black canvas of night.

A rock larger than the rest with a flat top overlooks the entire view. Perfect.

I hand my bags over to Alex, and I find a good grip between the boulder and broken fence.

"What are you doing?" Karl asks, his voice lined with worry.

"I'm climbing to get a better view," I say as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Can you not see here?" Clay gestures to the view from the ground.

I turn my body to see what he's talking about, causing myself to slip a bit on the rock. It must've rained recently as there's water droplets dripping from some leaves.

"Is it safe?" George asks, patting the rock as I reattempt my climb.

I roll my eyes as I look down at them. "You guys are so uptight."

Karl sucks a breath through his teeth. "Uptight or reasonable?"

"I think it's a thin line," Alex chuckles.

"Don't be losers," I tell the boys as I climb onto the rock. "Come on, guys. Enjoy life."

"It seems like you might hurt yourself," Dream shakes his head, taking a cautious step forward.

"I'm just living a little." I shrug. "All we have is now anyways."

The boys are quiet until I finally reach the top of the rock. I stretch my hand out to be given the food bags. The boys share an unsure look between each other.

"Ah fuck it," Nick breaks the quiet as he approaches the rock.

One by one, the boys make their way up. We sit in a line on the rock eating our food well into the late night, then early morning.

The lights glitter for whatever reason they need. I think it's amazing how every single thing occurring down there has almost nothing to do with me. It's all happening on its own.

I mean, I didn't tell anyone to leave their lights on or to beep their horn in the street, but it's happening nonetheless. Unaffected by me, life goes on.

"This is amazing," Quackity whispers.

"Isn't it?" I can't hide the smile in my voice.

"Incredible."

~author's note~

sometimes i just think of all the things that go on that are totally unaffected by me and it honestly baffles me

anyways have an amazing day :))