~38~ alex

~TWO MONTHS LATER.....~

~alex pov~

My fingers tap the keys gently just to hear the sounds of the piano. I've been messing around with some stuff for a little bit, but I haven't felt very creative today.

My eyes focus on a sticky note attached to the top of the keyboard.

I swallow once. I've been trying to create songs like I used too, but it's not the same without my biggest supporter. At one point I would come up with things within an hour, and Tae would be the first one to hear them as I facetimed her. She always thought they deserved to be heard outside of our calls, and now I know they never will be.

I sigh, playing a little melody once again.

~ ~ ~

"That is not the right notes," I shake my head as Taegan attempts to play a song.

"You sure?" She laughs. "I think it sounds better than the one you want to play."

"I'm positive because it sounds horrible with the next couple that you have to play" I show her the way it flows using the two different ways.

"I don't know," She shrugs. "I think it's spunky."

"Spunky?" I shake my head. "I don't understand you sometimes."

"It's okay, a lot of people don't." She presses the keys once again, this time the way it's supposed to be done.

"When do the guys get back?" I ask, checking the time. They left my apartment to get food almost an hour ago.

"Hopefully soon," She pouts a bit, "I'm hungry."

"I hope so too," I set my phone down. "I can't handle the way you're playing."

"What?" She presses her hand to her chest and drops her jaw. "How dare you!"

"It's not pretty the way you're doing it," I explain.

"I don't want to be pretty." She sticks her head up high. "There's too much of that in the world."

"Then what do you want to be?" I ask. I mindlessly play a little melody.

"Something more than just pretty." She shrugs. "Spunky, dazzling, mind-blowing, fascinating," she glances up at me and wiggles her eyebrows, "foxy."

I scrunch my nose. "Never say that again."

"Foxy." She giggles.

I shake my head. "Play it the way it's meant to be played."

She puts her hands on the key and plays it again. She scrunches her nose. "I just think my way is better."

I sigh. "Fine, let's try it your way."

She plays it the way she likes it. I mean, she's right. It sounds good in a way you usually wouldn't think. I play some notes after she finishes to keep with the theme. It sounds better than I expected it to.

She smiles once I finish. "See? It's foxy."

I'm about to respond when we hear the door to my apartment open.

"Pizza's here!" Karl calls out.

"We'll have to play them our song," Tae says as she starts to stand up.

"Sure," I roll my eyes.

I stand to go eat, but Tae is searching my desk.

"Whatcha looking for?" I ask, unsure what's going through her mind.

"Do you have a sticky note?" she opens a drawer. Her eyes light up as she finds it on her own. She looks up to me expectantly. "I need you to leave."

"It's my desk?"

"Leave." She shoos me out the door. "It has to be a surprise for later."

I laugh but follow her instructions. Sometimes there's nothing you can do but follow her blindly.

~ ~ ~

I stare at the sticky note once again.

Play Foxy Alex! -Tae

I pull the keyboard closer to me. My hands pause above the keys before playing her version of the song. I smile once I finish.

It's good, even though I never completely admitted that to her. It's something I wouldn't have ever thought of ever doing.

I grab my phone, pulling up voice memos. I press record and start to play. After I finish, I take a picture of the note on my keyboard.

I post it to Twitter just like that. It's a picture of the note with the song playing in the background. It's a piece of Tae to share with the world, and it also just so happens to be my music. Just like she always begged me to post.