~49~ the rival

~dream pov~

"What are you doing here?" he asks as he opens the door.

"We're here for you," I say as all four of us pile into Nick's tiny little hotel room.

"I-" he doesn't quite seem to find the words. "I don't understand."

"You're not going through this alone, Nick." Karl gives me a tight squeeze. "We're here for you."

I scan his room. He couldn't have been here for more than a couple hours, but it's already a mess. Bottles are thrown across the desk.

I pick one up and throw it into the trash. "You shouldn't drink these."

He shrugs. "Now I can lie and say they're legally yours."

I roll my eyes. I'll take the blame for him in a heartbeat. I just don't want him to be here by himself being irresponsible.

"What are you doing here in Vegas?" Alex asks, "What's the plan?"

"Umm," Nick looks around the room, "This is kind of it."

"Just sitting here?" Karl asks.

Nick shrugs.

George looks out at the city. I walk behind him and peer over his shoulder. The lights dot the sky in the most fascinating horizon I've ever seen.

"Don't you want to go explore that?" Alex asks as he moves the other curtain.

"I guess," Nick walks over as if he never even looked out at the sky.

"Then let's go," George says as he turns around. I quickly move out of his way.

Nick chews the inside of his cheek. "I was just going to spend some time in the ro-"

"And wallow?" Karl interrupts.

Nick's cheeks turn bright red.

"Come on, we're going out." I lead Nick by the shoulders out the door.

We've all been miserable for three months. It's about time we had a little bit of fun.

~author's note~

sorry for all the short chapters.. this part was added last minute but i think it'll fit nicely :)

ALSO I HAVE A NEW STORY CALLED 'DONT LOOK BACK' PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT.. I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE A REALLY REALLY GOOD ONE