The Things I took for Granted

Spencer POV

Aria's phone kept ringing but she quickly ignored each call saying they were from her mother. Then my phone began to ring, it was Aria's mom. Must be important. I quickly grabbed the phone putting it on speaker then setting it down on my lap as i was driving and i do not want a ticket.

"Hello?" i said into the phone.

"Hey Spence. Its great to hear your voice again."  a female voice that sounded an awful lot like Alison said. I looked at Aria puzzled, she was looking at me wide-eyed.

"Ali?!" Aria said

"Hi Aria." Ali said. I'm completely speechless, Aria started talking to Ali while i zoned out.

"Have you called Emily yet? And why do you have my mom's phone?" Aria asked quickly.

"Emily is here with me and so is your mom." Ali said

I don't believe its Alison and i wont until i actually see her face.

"Aria your mom wants to know if you can meet her at your house..." there was a pause

"I guess ill be there as well." She sighed

"Yeah ill be there" Aria said. I looked for a place to turn around. There was this tiny diner, i pulled in and turned the car around driving towards Aria's. Aria set my phone in the cup holder then folded her hands fumbling with her fingers.

The whole way to Aria's was completely silent.

Alison POV

*At Montgomery household*

Mrs.Montgomery insisted that Emily and i stay the night at her house. As much as we protested she didn't give up until we said yes. Emily didn't shut her eyes the whole way to the Montgomery's which concerned me but im sure shes not in the mood for an interrogation. Mrs.Montgomery attempted to make us comfortable in the living room until Spencer and Aria showed up. In the meantime we were stuck watching Ellen with her because she refused to go to sleep. It only took 10 minutes before she fell asleep. Emily laughed then went to put her hand in a warm bowl of water. I admit it would've been funny but Spencer and Aria came through the door before she could get her hand in the bowl. Aria looked at her mother sleeping in the chair then at Emily and immediately scolded her. But Spencer's eyes immediately fell on me, piercing through me. She quickly walked to me wrapping me in a warm hug, which i returned. I closed my eyes and softly put my forehead on Spencer's shoulder.

"Thank god you're okay." she whispered, her voice cracking slightly. I could hear her whimpering. Spencer never cries shes a Hasting's.

I slowly lifted my head from Spencer's shoulder and slightly released myself from her tight embrace, quickly gazing toward Emily who had Aria wrapped in a hug. It was definitely a sight. Emily being so much taller than Aria had her chin rested on the top of Aria's head and Aria had her arms wrapped around Emily's abdomen like a small child. Emily opened her eyes and looked toward me giving me a sad smile. I turned my attention back toward Spencer grabbing her shoulders looking her right in the eyes.

"Spence I'm right here. I'm perfectly fine. " i assured her

Spencer was hysterical at this point "I-I should h-have never-r left-t you. Its my f-fault i sho-ouldnt have l-left the car." she heaved through sobs

"Wait a second..." Emily intervened releasing her grip from Aria.

I was speechless. Honestly i have no idea how to respond to her. I dropped my hands from Spencer's shoulders and Emily began walking toward us, with Aria following close behind.