The End

(So this is the last A/N & chapter for Change sadly. Anyway thank you all so much for reading this mess. You deserve a bunch of high-fives and Emison moments. Your continuous support throughout writing this has kept me going and I encourage you if you haven't, to start your own story if you so desire, don't be afraid to tell me about it because I would love to read them. Should i write a sequel? Thank you for reading this far and I hope you enjoy the last chapter. Much love, Hannah)

Once everyone had gotten settled at Joy's they headed to the beach. Hanna rode with Joy, Dean and Rosie. Emily and Alison rode with Elizabeth.

"Gosh this is such a beautiful place." Emily gushed looking out the window.

"Em look a palm tree!" Alison shouted looking out the other side of the vehicle.

"Whoa... They're so beautiful." Emily said gazing up at the trees.

"You've never seen a palm tree Em?" Elizabeth asked Emily, keeping her eyes on the road.

"I have now." Emily said gazing at them as Elizabeth continued driving.

***

Emily was sitting beside Dean making small talk. Alison was playing with Rosie in the sand trying to build a huge sandcastle but not doing do well because they didn't have the right tools. Hanna was by the water talking to a scruffy headed surfer. Elizabeth and Joy had went to get drinks for everyone.

"Emily can I ask you something?" Dean asked Emily nervously

"Yeah, what's up?" Emily said to Dean eyeing him carefully through her sunglasses. Then looking back toward Alison and Rosie, smiling slightly.

"What's it like... to be... you know gay?" Dean asked nervously.

Emily thought for a second.

"Well it can be lonely for awhile... but when you accept yourself and you become open about it, its like a weight being lifted from your shoulders. When people become more accepting and you find someone you want to be with its...amazing. I mean not always, sometimes a homophobe will ruin your date or a walk through the park and that hurts because you love who you love but if you truly, truly love the person you're with its worth some rude comments and strange looks."

"That's how you feel about Alison isn't it? You really love her, I can see it in your eyes. The way you look at her, the way she looks at you, your relationship is truly beautiful. You look at her like she's your world and she looks back at you the same way." Dean said glancing toward Alison and his little sister then back toward Emily.

"I've only known you for a few hours Em, and I realized all those things." Dean said smiling at Emily

"I guess ive never realized it, but now that you point it out... I just, I don't know."

"Your love toward each other is limitless...I see it."

"You know usually the adult is supposed to tell the kid this. Not the other way around."

Dean laughed "Well sometimes the 'kid' can see more than the adult."

"Alright, you got me. So how come you asked me about being gay?" Emily asked looking out at the ocean.

"My best friend is gay and I could never ask him because... well I don't really know. I guess I wouldn't feel comfortable. I'm just curious as to how he feels." Dean admitted quietly.

"Alright." Emily said not wanting to push the subject.

"Emmy's very pretty." Rosie said to Alison attempting to make the sand castle.

"I know." Alison replied laughing

"Ali how come your mommy or daddy didn't come with you?" Rosie asked still focused on building the sandcastle. Alison looked up at the little girl thinking of a way to answer.

Then Hanna came running over dragging the scruffy boy behind her. She filled up a bucket with water and the scrffy boy did the same.

"Hey Ali." Hanna said innocently

Alison turned around and a bucket of water was being dumped on her head. The scruffy boy dumped water on Rosie and she screamed. Then Emily and Dean ran over, Emily taking Hanna and Dean taking the boy just a little older then him. Hanna inched back going deeper and deeper into the water, trying to avoid Emily. Hanna began splashing Em, then Emily pushed her fully into the water. While Emily was focused on Hanna Ali carefully slowly crept up behind Emily. Then Emily was the one going underwater. When Emily came up for air she began laughing and everyone soon joined in. Emilys face was covered with her hair and then Alison felt a hand holding her wrist, pulling her. Alison kept trying to pull away but was pulled underwater. She quickly came back to the surface, scolding Emily.

"Jerk!" She yelled pushing Emily back underwater. Emily swam to shore and Alison followed behind her curiously.

"Did I upset you Em? Beca-"

"No, no way its just Dean told me some things today. It's just... I really love you Alison, like a lot, more than anyone, ever, you have given me so much and I now believe in life, love, happiness and so much more." Emily paused and took a step closer to the blonde, holding her hands. Alison withheld responding, figuring Emily wasn't finished.

"I now believe in happy endings and I want you to be in mine. I know we're still young and a few years from now who knows, we could be married, or we could be best friends, not that I want that but its a possibility." Alison nodded

"Alison I know you still feel guilty about everything you missed when you were kidnapped and I'm not going to lie, I didn't know how much longer I could go after Christmas, because it my heart was shattered and I really wanted it to end and to this day, I'm still scared to death something might happen to you and I could lose you. When those people dragged me into that hellhole you were in I was actually happy. That sounds totally twisted but I thought they would kill me, and I wouldn't have a choice, but then you were there and you scared the shit out of me because you didn't move and you were so pale, thin. The image haunts me, but when I was doubled over from pain and you jumped in front of the kick, I knew then and there you were and are my soul mate. You need to let this guilt go, I'm not really one to talk but you do Alison, you really do."

Alison stepped forward, kissing Emily and she deepened the kiss, fireworks exploded like it was the first time they had kissed and Alison loved it. She loved feeling Emily shiver underneath her touch and to see her vulnerable because Emily was a beautiful person when she took down the tall stone walls built around her heart. Emily broke the kiss, looking Alison directly in the eyes.

"I want to be with you, through the changes, all the obstacles, everything and anything the world could possibly throw at us. I will be by your side the whole time."

"Promise?" Alison said sticking out her pinky finger.

"I promise." Emily said locking their to fingers, now knowing Alison would be with her forever.