Vulnerable

Emily POV

Here goes nothing.

"Well, my dad he's in the army and one day after he went back to Iraq my mom and I never saw him again..." I looked at her face, there's the pity I had learned to expect from people. 

"I'm so sorry." She said. 

She thought I meant he was dead. "No Blondie he's not dead he just never came to see my mom or me again." 

"Well wheres your mom?" She asked. 

"My mom is... well, I don't actually know where she is. Maybe she overdosed on drugs or something I could care less." "When my dad didn't come back my mom, she was very angry all the time. She wasn't very nice, that's all I'll say. She would call me worthless and scream at me calling me a failure." 

Maybe I am a failure.

Alison POV

Emily was abused. Wow. I was angry but there wasn't anything I could really do but be there for Em. But she wasn't done yet. "And then I started noticing cuts on her arm. I told her that she should talk to someone. That's when the abuse got really bad. People started to notice the bruises. My best friend at the time asked me what they were from. I felt like I could trust her." she stopped mid sentence to wipe tears from her face. After that, she continued "so I told her... I told her everything and that bitch told her parents. God did that hurt more than anything. Her parents called CPS (child protective services). They came to my school the next day and asked me a bunch of questions, too many questions." 

"That's what the pills are for, the abuse?" I said. 

She nodded

"So in 9th grade, i was introduced to the foster care system. While I was in foster care I had always wanted to run away. And one day I did. I had saved enough money and I was gone the next morning. I had done my research and found Rosewood. Rosewood was low key and had very little people so here I am." 

I had to say something. 

"I'm sorry you got the shortest end of the stick Em. I know that I can't fix your past. And believe me, i wish I could. But I just want you to know i will always be here for you. I'm just a phone call away. Don't forget that okay?"

Emily POV

"Okay Ali." I need booze. I need to talk to Hanna. Oh god, I'm not supposed to like her, I can't. It's time to put my guard up again. Never again will I let myself be vulnerable.

A/N

Hey fellow readers hoped you enjoyed. I hope this was an ok chapter. I was going to put a kiss in there but didn't think it would work very well. Well hope you enjoyed.
~Hannah~