3. Family Matters

Same day, 9AM 
Oberoi Mansion

Omkara and Rudra were preparing breakfast while Gauri and Bhavya laid the table, awaiting Shivaay and Anika to join them. Normally, the six would do it together but considering the heavy discussion done last night, they decided decided to give ShivIka time and space.

She didn't say it, but Gauri didn't like the idea. She felt something was wrong. Anika was quite throughout and then just left after saying she understood. What she had understood Gauri didn't understand at all. And she really wanted to talk to her sister. 

Om: Breakfast is ready.

Gauri: Hum bade bhaiya aur jiji ko le ke aate hain.
(I'll call brother-in-law Shivaay and sister Anika.)

Before OmRuVya could process, Gauri seized the opportunity and went towards the couple's room.

Gauri: *knocks on the door* Jiji, bade bhaiya, naasta tayaar hain, aa jaayiye.
(Sister, brother-in-law, breakfast is ready.)

Getting no response, she knocked harder causing the door to swing open. The lights were off, the room was empty and the night clothes were thrown on the bed. She went inside and cautiously knocked on the bathroom door but that was empty as well. She went out to the hall, where OmRuVya came looking for her. Om was about to ask her when...

??: Secuses me, sab kahaan hain, abhi ke abhi halls mein aao. (Excuse me, where is everyone, all of you come to the hall.)

The Senior Oberois entered with small red and gold chunni tied to their heads. The butlers came and took their bags.

Gauri immediately went and touched their feet, Bhavya following suit a minute later.

Gauri: Arey aap sab itni jaldi aa gaye? Aapka Vashno Deviji ka darsan kaisa raha ?
(You all are back so early? How was your visit to the temple of Vaishno Devi?)

Pinky: *elated* Zor se bolo, Oh my Maata! Saare bolo, Oh my Maata! (Praise the Goddess!)

OmRuRiVya: Oh my Mata! ... Jai Mata Di!

Jahnvi face-palmed with a small smile. Pinky would never change. But after everything that happened, she didn't even want her too. Shakti was happy seeing his wife's zeal return. And Tej simply looked elated to be out of the mountains. 

Bhavya: Papaji, aap sab toh 2 din baad aane wale they na? (Father-in-law, you all were supposed to return after 2 days, right?)

Tej: Haan, but Jammu ka weather kharaab hone laga tha and it was predicted to get worse. Humne darshan kiye, called the pilot and took the next flight available. But bad weather caught up, we had to make an emergency landing in Delhi and wait for 6 hours on the airport. And humare phones bhi kaam karna band kar diye so we couldn't inform you. 
(Yes, but the weather of Jammu was getting bad and it was predicted to get worse. We finished our visit, called the pilot and took the next flight available. But bad weather caught up, we had to make an emergency landing in Delhi and wait for 6 hours on the airport. And our phones stopped working so we couldn't inform you. )

Rudra: Bilkul sahi time pe entry maari hain aap sab ne. Breakfast taaza-taaza garma-garam bankar tayyaar hain. 
(You have arrived at the right time. Breakfast is fresh and hot.)

Pinky: Arey woh sab baad mein, pehle yeh lo sab prasaad... aur dhaaga. Panditji ne tells kiya tha bete-bahu ko baandh dena.
(Later. First everyone take the offering... and thread. The The priest said to tie to the son and daughter-in-law.) 

Gauri: Chhoti maaji, Bade Bhaiya aur jiji apne kamre mein nahi hain.
(Aunt, Brother-in-law Shivaay and Sister Anika are not in their room.)

Om: Rukiye, main unhe dhoondh ke laata hoon.
(Wait, I'll find them.)