20. Bareilly Business - II

Shivaay threw himself on the hotel bed, which was worse than any hotel he had ever been to. This small town of Bareilly didn't have 5-Star hotels... or multi-speciality hospital, schools with proper facilities or buildings with electricity backup and 24 hours running water. Oberoi Constructions had acquired the land to build a 5-Star hotel in the city centre.

After resting for exactly 2 minutes, Shivaay pulled out the files regarding the Bareilly land deal. Seeing the name "Omkara Singh Oberoi" as the acquirer was bittersweet. It was Omkara's first deal as representative of OGI, something he did not because he wanted to but because he had to. Shivaay sighed and flipped through the pages. Land owner: Kali Thakur, Amount Agreed on was three times higher, deal stalled due to personal reasons, take over by Tej Singh Oberoi, blah blah blah, land acquired and approved for construction. The paperwork was perfect. But Shivaay knew it wouldn't help the issue at hand. He tiredly ran his fingers through her hair. Tomorrow he'll visit the site, assess the situation, meet with lawyers and consultants and devise a plan.
He called for dinner, freshened up, had food and medicines and was off to sleep.
Half an hour later, he was rudely awakened by a call. He took his phone and was about to yell at the caller but it was a video call from Anika. He switched the bedside light on and received it.

Anika: Hello Shivaay, theek se pahonch gaye na aap? Oh bete ki, aap so toh nahi rahi the? Maine aapko jaga toh nahi diya?

Shivaay: No, no, not at all, main jaga hi hua tha.

Anika: Achha-

Shivika began to cry so Anika put the phone down and went to get her.

Shivaay: Kya hua Anika?

Anika: Main Shivika ko ek ghante se sulane ki koshish kar rahi hoon likin yeh so hi nahi rahi. Aap kaise ise jhat se sula dete hain?

Shivaay: Lights saari off kar do, sirf jo fairy lights hain woh on rakhna. Sit on the couch and rub the soles of her feet. It really calms her down and woh so jaati hain.

Anika did as he said and within a few minutes, Shivika feel asleep.

Anika: *grinning* Shivaay yeh... *dropped her voice to a whisper* Yeh kaam kar gaya!

Anika looked towards the screen and saw Shivaay asleep, night light on and one arm dangling at the edge of the bed. Anika chuckled as she realised sleeping with little light on was an SSO family thing. She placed Shivika in her cot.

Anika: Good night Billuji.

She blew a kiss at Shivaay before hanging up.
————————————
Next morning, Shivaay was on his way to the construction site. He could see the security guards of OGI trying to control the situation as the locals sat in protest. He looked around for the security in charge. Once he spotted him, he stepped out and went towards him. Spotting Shivaay, he and two other guards saluted him.

Shivaay: Khanna update me on the situation.

Security in-charge: Sir Khanna nahi, Kumar. Lakshman Kumar.

Shivaay: Okay Kumar, what is the situation here?

Kumar: Sir gaon wale construction workers ko ek hafte se kaam karne nahi de rahi. Unka kehna hain building banne se unki rozgaari chhin jaayegi. Aap jaise bade log inhe kuchal dete hain Likin ab yeh aapka zulm nahi sahenge.

Shivaay: What nonsense! Yeh log ne is zameen par illegally dukaane khol rakkhi hain. In mein se kisi ke bhi paas lease agreement hain?

Guard: Sir yeh chhota gaon hain. Zyaada log padhe-likhe nahi hain. Kali Thakur inse ek keemat wasool karta tha aur badle mein inhe kaam karne deta tha.