32. Namaste London

A/N: Hi everyone
So sorry for not updating in so long
I had stress-induced writer's block because my exam results were held up
I got them today and I passed 😭 
Celebrating with an update 🥳🍾

Anika was dressing Shivika when Shivaay came into the room. 

Shivaay: Anika.

Anika: *without looking up* Boliye.
(Tell me.)

Shivaay: London chalogi? 
(Wanna go to London?)

Still holding on to the drawstrings of Shivika's dress, Anika looked at Shivaay with bewilderment. 

Anika: Kya?
(What?)

Shivaay: London chalogi?
(Wanna go to London?)

Anika: Woh suna maine par..par aapne achaanak se aise poochh liya jaise sabzi mandi jaane ko poochh rahe hon.
(I heard that but..but suddenly you asked as if asking to go to the vegetable market.)

Shivaay: Pehle baat toh humein sabzi mandi jaana nahi padta, organic fruits and vegetables ghar par hi deliver ho jaate hain. And poochh raha tha because mere college ka reunion hain and I have sent the RSVP for a Plus One. Toh batao, chalogi?
(First of all, we don't have to go to the vegetable market, organic fruits and vegetables are delivered to our homes. And was asking because it's my college reunion and I have sent the RSVP for a plus one. So tell me, will you go?)

Anika: Shivika ko kahaan chhodenge?
(Where will we leave Shivika?)

Shivaay: Ek Baby Hostel hain. Hum use waheen chhod denge.
(There is a baby hostel. We'll leave her there.)

Anika: *shocked and angry* Kaisi baat kar rahe hain aap!
(What are you saying!)

Shivaay: *irritated* Kaisi baat kar rahi ho tum? Obviously hum Shivika ko saath mein le ke jaayenge. Mallika, Sid and Shaurya are also going and my other friends have kids too. I've looked up babysitters as well. Mera friend London mein rehta hain and he's verified them.
(What are you saying? Obviously, we will take Shivika along with us.Mallika, Sid and Shaurya are also going and my other friends have kids too. I've looked up babysitters as well. My friend lives in London and he's verified them.)

Anika: Kab hain yeh reunion?
(When is this reunion?)

Shivaay: Next month.

Anika thought for a while before making up her mind.

Anika: Chaliye, London ko Namaste bol ke aate hain.
(Let's go, say Namaste to London.)

One month later
Skies of London

Anika looked out of the window by her first-class seat on the aeroplane as they began their descent into London

Anika looked out of the window by her first-class seat on the aeroplane as they began their descent into London. It was her first time travelling to a foreign country, and that too in first class. Oberoi's private jet couldn't travel from India to the UK non-stop so they chose to travel from a commercial airline. With a baby with them, Shivaay wanted to minimise hassle so first class on a commercial flight was the best option. Fast check-in, lounge to rest in, dedicated cabin crew, spacious seats that turned into beds and good food. It was a 10 hour Anika looked towards her side. Shivaay was sitting in his seat, holding Shivika securely in his lap as the baby sucked on her pacifier. Chewing prevented aeroplane ear so ShivAni attempted to maintain peace in the cabin by giving Shivika a pacifier, which seemed to be working for the time being. After adoring her husband and daughter, Anika looked back out the window to see the buildings get bigger and bigger until they touched down on the runway.