18. Stealing Moments

Requested by SolankKajal

Anika twisted her hair in a bun and walked towards the kitchen. Tonight Gauri and Bhavya planned to pamper Shivika till she fell asleep. Till now Anika didn't let anyone have her for the whole night because Shivika was still settling in her routine. But it had been 2 months now and Shivika seemed to be well settled with the family. Which meant Anika had a night to herself after who knows how long. She went to the stove to fix herself a late night snack but a figure emerged from underneath!

Anika: AAAAHHHHH!

Figure: AAAAHHHHH!

Both of them jumped back in fear. Anika grabbed a knife and raised it in self-defense.

Figure: AAAAH STAND BACK IT'S SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI!

Anika stopped and lowered the knife.

Anika: Shivaay? Aap? Yahaan kitchen mein kya kar rahe hain?
(Shivaay? You? What are you doing in the kitchen?)

Shivaay: Kitchen mein insaan kya hi karega Anika?! You should know me by now, main aadhe time kitchen mein hi rehta hoon. Bas mujhe pata nahi tha baar meri biwi mujhe par knife se attack kar degi!
(What would a person do in the kitchen Anika?! You should know me by now, I spend half of my time in the kitchen. Just I didn't know that this time my wife would attack me with a knife!)

Anika: Yeh kitchen nahi, Oberoi Mansion ka kitchen hain! Jitne kaand ho chuke hain yahaan pe, uske baad chakku le ke ghoomna padta hain.
(This isn't any kitchen, it's Oberoi Mansion's kitchen! After everything thays happened here, one has to walk with a knife.)

Shivaay: It's Chaaku.

Anika: Chakku-chaaku chodiye, aap stove ke neeche kya kar rahe they?
(Leave that, what were you doing under the stove?)

Shivaay: Mera earpiece gir gaya tha, woh utha raha tha.
(My earpiece fell, I was picking that up.)

Anika: Oh bete ki! Phone-phainku insaan aaj earpiece utha raha hain!
(Oh bete ki! Phone-Thrower is picking up an earpiece!)

Shivaay: Ha ha ha, very funny 😑 and tum itni raat yahaan kya kar rahi ho?
(Ha ha ha, very funny 😑 and what are you doing here so late at night?)

Anika: *leaning against the counter* Mujhe bhook lagi hain toh kuch khaane aa gayi. Shivika bhi poori raat apni dono Chachi ke paas rahegi toh aaj poori raat sirf humari hain.
(I was hungry so I came to eat. Shivika will also be with her aunts the whole night so we have the whole night to ourselves.)

Shivaay: What?

Anika: Shivika poori raat apni dono Chachi ke paas rahegi.
(Shivika will be with her aunts the whole night.)

Anika said and stretched but when she opened her eyes, Shivaay was just an inch away from her. His hands were on either sides of the counter, trapping her.

Shivaay: Aur kya kaha? "Poori raat sirf humari hain", hm?
(And what else? "We have the whole night to ourselves, hm?"

Anika's breath hitched when Shivaay leaned closer. His cheek brushed against and Anika could feel shiver run down her spine...... Before Shivaay grabbed a whisk kept behind her and moved away, a playful smirk on his lips.

Shivaay: And you also said that tumhe bhook lagi hain so let's take care of that.
(And you also said you're hungry so let's take care of that.)

Anika balled her fists and gritted her teeth. Why was her husband such a tease?! Nevertheless, she got alone time with him after weeks so she'd let him get away with it.