16. Shivika's Family - II

The Oberoi Family stayed in the hospital for two hours before they were asked to leave. Apart from Shivaay, they got permission to have another family member stay the night and Pinky immediately grabbed the opportunity. She would return in the evening with supplies.
Till then, it was just Shivaay, Anika and their Shivika. Anika was currently rocking their daughter and playing with her.
Shivaay's phone vibrated, he had put it on silent so it wouldn't ring and startle his daughter. It was a video call from Mallika.

Shivaay: Hi-

Mallika: Show me the baby!

Shivaay: *sarcastically* Haan, "hi-hello" kuch nahi.
(Yeah, no "hi-hello".)

Mallika: Quit the formalities and get to the point. Show me the baby.

Shivaay: Patience woman!

Anika giggled while Shivaay brought the phone towards her. Mallika put a hand to her heart looking at the baby.

Mallika: Oh, she's adorable! What's her name?

Anika: Shivika.

Mallika: Ohhh, is it like Shivaay and Anika?

Anika nodded happily.

Mallika: That geni- 

Mallika began coughing. She had put the phone down but her coughs got louder. Anika and Shivaay exchanged a worried glance. 

Shivaay: Mallika, are you okay?

Mallika held a thumbs up but was still coughing.

Mallika: *breathing heavily* Yeah... I'm fine...

Shivaay: *scoffs* I'm totally convinced.

Mallika: Arey Shaurya and I are down with the flu.

Anika: Kya?! Kaise? Kaise hain aap dono?
(What?! How? How are you both now?)

Mallika: Better. Thankfully Shaurya ka fever 101°F cross nahi kiya but abhi bhi he's not eating well. Hopefully ek-do din mein appetite will return. Sid is fine and our only connection with the outside world.
(Better. Thankfully Shaurya's fever didn't cross 101°F but he's still not eating well. Hopefully appetite will return in a day or two. Sid is fine and our only connection with the outside world.)

Shivaay: Tum kaisi ho?
(How are you?)

Mallika: Pissed that I can't come meet you two.. three!

Anika: Mallika, aap aur Shaurya theek ho jaayiye, phir araam se milenge.
(Mallika, you and Shaurya get better, then we'll meet peacefully.)

Shivaay: Take care of yourself Mallika. Tum theek nahi hogi toh Shaurya ka dhyaan kaise rakh paogi?
(If you're not well then how will you take care of Shaurya?)

Mallika: That's parenting for you. Khud kaisa bhi feel kar rahe ho, it goes on the back-burner. Your baby comes first. And it's not that it's forced upon you, it... it just happens.
(That's parenting for you. Whatever you are feeling, it goes on the back-burner. Your baby comes first. And it's not that it's forced upon you, it... it just happens.)

Shivaay and Anika looked towards their daughter then at each other and back at Mallika. 

Shivaay: I can understand. 

Mallika nodded slightly. 

Mallika: Also Anika, thank you for whatever you did to Shivaay. He's understands understanding!

Anika laughed while Shivaay face-palmed. 

Shivaay: Get well soon Mallika, Shaurya too. We'll come see you then.