27. Expecting the Unexpected

Om: Gauri, Gauri, wake up. Gauri utho. 

Om cradled Gauri close to his chest and Bhavya checked her pulse and Priyanka called for medical assistance.

Bhavya: Pulse tez hain and haath thande pad gaye hain. Shaayad BP low ya dehydration hua hain. 
(Pulse is rapid and her limbs are cold. Maybe BP is low or she is dehydrated.)

Priyanka: Ambulance standby par hain. I think bhabhi ko hospital ke le jaana chahiya. 
(Ambulance is on standby. I think we should take bhabhi to the hospital.)

Shivaay: Prinku is right. Om, we should take Gauri to the hospital.

Not getting a response from Om, Shivaay raised his voice. 

Shivaay: OM!

Om: *shaken out of his trance* Huh...haan?

Shivaay: Gauri ko hospital le ke jaana hoga. 
(We have to take Gauri to the hospital.)

Two EMTs came with a stretched, placed Gauri on it and took her to the ambulance. Om ran alongside them, holding Gauri's hand.

Jhanvi: Humein bhi hospital jaana chahiye. 
(We should also go to the hospital.)

Shivaay: I don't think hum sabka jaana theek hoga. Main jaata hoon. 
(I don't all of us should go. I'll go.)

Anika: Shivaay, main bhi chalti hoon. 
(Shivaay, I'll come with you.)

Shivaay: Anika, tumhe Shivika, Dadi, sab gharwalo ke saath jaana chahiye. It's been a very hectic day. 
(Anika, you should go home with Shivika, Dadi and everyone else. It's been a very hectic day.)

Rudra: Bhaiya sahi keh rahe hain. Pata chala koi aur behosh ho gaya. Bhaiya, aap hospital jaayiye, hum yahaan sambhaal lenge.
(Bhaiya is right. Someone else might faint as well. Bhaiya, you go to the hospital. We'll handle everything here.)

Anika: Aap please humein pal-pal ki khabar dete rehna. 
(Keep us in the loop.)

Shivaay: Of course, I will. 

Shivaay went towards his car while AniRuVya handled the others. 

As soon as the ambulance reached the hospital, Gauri was transferred on to a gurney and wheeled inside. Omkara ran alongside her till they reached an exam room but a nurse stopped. 

Nurse: Sir, aap abhi andar nahi jaa sakte. Aur please patient ke details fill kar dijiye. 
(Sir, you cannot go inside right now. And please fill in the patient's details.)

The nurse went inside the exam and drew the blinds. Another nurse guided Om to the waiting room and handed him the form. He filled in the form and waited in the waiting room. A few minutes later, a nurse and doctor approached him.

Doctor: Family of Mrs Gauri Singh Oberoi?

Om: Me! I'm her husband. 

Doctor: She is stable now. Her blood pressure was low because of dehydration but we have taken blood samples for a complete workup. We have also given IV fluids, she should be fine soon. 

Om: *sighs* Oh my God! Thank you so much! Can I me...meet her?

Doctor: Yes, of course. Room 410

Om rushed to the room. Gauri was sleeping on the bed with a drip attached her arm. When Om entered, she woke up and looked at him. He sat beside her and took her free hand in his. 

Om: Kaisa feel kar rahi ho?
(How are you feeling?)

Gauri: Theek hain, bas thoda sir ghoom raha hain. 
(I'm fine, just my head is spinning a bit.)