17. Gauri's Result

"Jai Hanuman gyan gun sagar
Jai Kapis tihun lok ujagar
Ram doot atulit bal dhama
Anjaani-putra Pavan sut nama..."

Gauri chanted the Hanuman Chalisa for the nth time since morning.

Shivaay: Gauri, itni tension mat lo. Tumhi ne kaha tha na ki Geeta mein likha hain "karm karo, phal ki chinta mat karo".
(Gauri, don't worry. You only said that's it's written in the Geeta "Do your duty without thinking about results".)

Gauri: *while doing Aarti with one hand and ringing the bell with other hand* Phal ki apeksha toh kabhi ki hi nahi bade bhaiya. Phal ka saamna karne ke liye saahas ki aavashyakta hain.
(I never desired the results bade bhaiya. I need courage to face the results.)

Shivaay sighed and left the Pooja room in defeat.

Bhavya: *pretending to talk on a walkie talkie* One more man down, over.

Shivaay: *shoots her a glare* Shut up Bhavya.

Bhavya put a hand to her heart, making a pained expression.

Prinku: Bhaiya rehne dijiye. Dadi, mom, O bhaiya aur Anika bhabhi try kar chuke hain.
(Bhaiya, let it be. Dadi, mom, O bhaiya and Anika bhabhi have already tried.)

Shivaay: Likin hum Gauri ko itna pareshan kaise chhod dein?
(But how can we leave Gauri when she's so worried?)

Rudra: Bhaiya, aapko exam diye kitne saal ho gaye hain?
(Bhaiya, it's been how many years since you gave an exam?)

Shivaay: ......10 years, give or take a few.

Rudra: Aur Prinku, Bhavya aur mujhe ek-do saal max.
(And it's been one to years max for Prinku, Bhavya and me.)

Prinku: Is liye hume pata hain Gauri bhabhi ko abhi kuch bol ke koi fayeda nahi hain. Jab tak woh apna result nahi dekhengi, unhe chain nahi milega.
(That's why we know there's no point in telling Gauri bhabhi anything. She won't relax until she sees her result.)

As you might've guessed, today Gauri's results were to be released. And she was freaking out. Till now Dadi, Om, Jahnvi, Anika and Shivaay had tried to calm her down. PriRuVya didn't even try. And since results wouldn't be up until 1pm, they did their part of making sure their dear bhabhi stayed hydrated for another 3 hours.

A concerned Shivaay returned to an equally concerned Anika, who was now feeding their daughter.

Anika: Shivaay, jab Shivika ke results aayenge aur woh aise hi pareshaan hogi toh hum kya karenge?
(Shivaay, when Shivika will get her results and she would be worried, then what will we do?)

Shivaay: Anika please! Abhi us situation mein bahot saal baaki hain, mujhe abhi se mat darrao!
(Anika please! There are many years left for that situation to arise, don't scare me now itself!)

Anika shrugged as Shivaay sighed deeply. His daughter was barely 1 month but thoughts about her future did worry him. After Anika was done feeding her, Shivaay took Shivika and burped her. Her little burps made his heart jump in joy. Seeing the two people she loved the most together made Anika's heart so feel. She back-hugged Shivaay and kept her head on his shoulder. Amidst their chaotic lives, they managed to steal some moments of calmness.

"Results are out!"

ShivIka got startles with sudden yell and thundering footsteps. Luckily, Shivika was happy and fed so she didn't cry. Anika took her in her arms and couple walked to the hall.

In the hall, the whole family was gathered at the dining table. Rudra was sitting with a laptop and Gauri's admit card as Gauri was too nervous to look herself. Om was standing behind her, rubbing her arms and reassuring her that everything would be fine. The scene made everyone present there experience a deja vu of the time they got their own results.