Chapter 26-The Run In

Cordell

I was Heading out of the ambulance with the nurses taking Shell in. She had did something I never before experienced with her and it scared the life out of me. I kept thinking it was all my fault. Maybe I shouldn't have threw the situation on her like that but I mean what other way was there to tell her with her wanting to know at that moment, and me not wanting to keep it in any longer? I watched as they took her to check her. Thank God she woke from blacking out as we neared the hospital, but wasn't all together mind wise yet. I just didn't know what else was going on. I called her mother and gma and they were on their way here. I decided to let her girls know too. I was nervous quite frankly of their reactions as well because I knew I was to blame this time.

I was in the waiting room while they ran test on Shell and waiting for Jamyis and Jhared to get to the floor. Jamyis and Jhared was the first to get there.

"What is going on?" Jamyis asked standing over me.

"I told shell something she aint really want to hear and she aint handle it well but her body did something I had no clue about. She started panicking and blacked out and here we are. They running test on her now because of her blood pressure." I said shaking my head.

"mmmmm So this is basically your fault....okay good job. If my girl got something major going on right now ima kill you." She turned away over to the desk to the nurses.

"Sorry bro." Jhared said.

"No need man. I get it." I said putting my head between my knees. I just keep screwing up.

Nishelle

We had been here for two hours now. It was going on two in the morning. The nurse just came in to check on me. Jamyis,Jhared and the rest of the crew came in to check on me as well. They were upset with Cordell but I told them to let me handle it. I sent them all home. I was okay right now. I could not believe my body shut down like that. That left me scared and concerned for my baby. That was the first thing I made them check as soon as I was coherent. Cordell wasn't going anywhere as expected. I just could not talk to him right now while these test were running. I needed to keep levelheaded. I just will deal with it after.

They ran test and everything was coming back fine aside from my blood pressure which I knew about. They just wanted to monitor me so they admitted me in to keep me just a little longer till it was at a normal rate. Of course being that I'm at the end of my pregnancy my pressure rises more but they said after I deliver it will return to its pre pregnancy levels. I was waiting for the doctor to come in to let me know if I could be released soon.

"Baby is it okay if I get going? I got work early in the morning and gotta take Lindsey to school." My mom said getting up coming by my bed side.

"Yeah mom its cool. Go ahead I know it's late i'm tired too."

"I got her Ma" Cordell interrupted.

"Yeah and look how that turned out." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Ma!" I said.

"Sorry. Just concerned for you. You can't be stressing and what not! it's just not good!. You close to delivering that boy and we need to keep things going decent till the arrival." "Yall too need to hash out whatever it is going on out before you leave this hospital I know that much."

"Im sorry ma it wont happen again. Ima fix it" Cordell said apologizing.

"Alright...well call me please." She said coming to kiss me and leaving.