Chapter 4- New beginnings

Chapter 4

Nishelle's P.O.V

It had been hours since Katrell came into my room and again raped me. I just layed in my bed facing the wall, not moving. I just couldn't conjure up the strength to move physically and mentally. I was feeling sick to my stomach yet again. I wanted so bad to call Cordell and tell him how Katrell violated me again like he told me to if it was to happen, but i didn't want the commotion and risking losing my mother and sister if she wouldn't believe me. I want to tell my mother but i just don't know how she will receive it. It's really not that easy. This could be the break of the only family i have not including Katrell.

It was now the evening and my mother had just got home not too long ago. At this point i cant even call her my saving grace to get away from Katrell anymore. He still finds his ways to taunt me. I heard them conversing in the kitchen. Ugh he's such a liar!!!!!!! I cant believe my mother even believes the sh*t that comes out of his mouth.

"So baby how was your day off! Got any side work done with selling your clothing line T's?" Mona asked, placing the food she just cooked on the table.

"oh you know me baby straight hustle never sleep!" Katrell replied sitting on the couch sipping a beer and watching a basketball game. Not even looking mona's way.

"Thats my man! so babe what do you want with this chicken? corn,rice, or potatoes"

"whatever my baby wanna feed me."

I was still laying in my bed reading this book for class. i couldn't consentrate worth of nothing with my mind just wandering. I was trying to figure out where my life turned for the worse. Trying not to cry again i thought about if my mother was to come in this room right now. i did not want her to start questioning me.

My phone begin to ring knocking me out my thoughts again. It was Nyla calling again. I know she calling to see about Lindsey and the lie i had fed her earlier today. I feel bad lying to my girls but this will have to do till i'm ready to tell my secret. I picked up my phone. We started talking about stuff and i completely forgot that quick the lie i told her. she caught me off guard.

"so what you doing now?" Nyla asked.

"Nothing homework you?"

" Chillen. Just came from Brienn's house. How's lindsey?"

"What? she's fine why?"

" You do remember you said you had to leave school early to get her because she was sick..."

Shoot. I messed up. She's definitely not buying it. But ima milk it.

"ohhhhhhh yeah,yeah she's fine she's laying down now. She seems to have a little bug."

"oh ok.." she said as if she wanted to call me out but bit her tongue.

Dang man this is getting bad. Let me cut this short before i do more damage.

"Yeah well i gotta go my moms calling me for dinner. See you tomorrow."

______________________________________________________

Nishelle P.O.V

A month had gone by and things were beginning to lighten up or so i thought. Katrell hasn't been around much for some reason and i was more than elated about it. However he's been acting really strange at the same time. Leaving early in the morning and not coming home till after midnight. Whatever the case i was glad he was out my hair....Or so I think.... Anyways, Cordell and I had been getting kind of close. Like more passed a friendship level but yet not passed relationship level. Yet we haven't made it official and honestly i was just scared to take that next step if asked. Being hurt by so many foul dudes i almost lost hope. I don't know. Cordell may be the one to change that. I really like him. I just don't want to get hurt. Lately he's been sending mixed signals, even though we have gotten really close.

It was Saturday the first week in January and My crew that consisted of Jamyis, Nyla, and Brienne and now Cordell and a few of his friends decided on going to the ice skating rink at the mall. We decided to do something different than shopping and goofing around today. Me and Cordell was sitting on the bench flirting and talking while everyone else was out in the rink. Cordell grabbed me up playing and squeezing me.

" Dell what are you doing put me down you got skates on!!!" i said laughing.

"Nope. Not until you say sorry for trying to trip me out there on that ice!"

"Ok ok i'm sorry! i cant breathe! put me down!" i finally said.

I was afraid this boy was going to drop me with him wobbling with these skates!

"thought so..." he said putting me down.

We faced each other looking into each others eyes and just stared. Until Cordell reached in and kissed me!!!! We stayed locked into the kiss for a second till we heard one of Cordells friends Olin interrupting with his antics.

" oh yall together together!!!! i'm telling!!!!!" Olin said laughing

"Yo shut the hell up and go somewhere!" Cordell said back to Olin who was walking closer to us.

"well I stan for yall!?" He said laughing. " i'ght ight im done!."

" Man what you want?" Cordell asked.

" i was just making my way to take a winkle till i saw you two sucking face over here like no tomorrow was it good Shelly!?"

I hid my face now embarrassed!

"Dude you stupid" Cordell laughed.

 "Go take a piss man get outa here let me talk to her" Cordell ordered.

" iight man yall coming back on the ice?"

" not yet gonna grab something from the stand."

"iight i'll let the rest know." Olin said.

Olin walked away which now left me and Cordell alone again. I still was processing what just happened. Shocked was an understatement.

"What was that.." I asked.

"Look i'm not gonna sugar coat it anymore shell. Straight like this. Im feeling you. I've been thinking lately how we been reacting towards one another and we hit it off real well. I feel like i've known you forever, and i just want you to be apart of my life. Like i want you to be my girl. I don't want to do this friendship only stuff no more. You starting to mean much more to me than that. I know it's only been a few weeks but i'm risking the chance to be with you and we learn as we go."

"Cord..."

He interrupted.

"Will you be my girl Nishelle Andrese Palmer?"

_____________________________________________

What do you think she will say!?

Hit that star & Comment!!!

Thanks for reading.