Chapter 19-Insecurities

Nishelle

It's been a few days since all the Drama that transpired Friday left. It's still taking me a while to rid my mind from it. I'm glad it was over and I've had some peace. I'm just tryna stay sane for the sake of my son. The doctor has told me time and time again no stressing and I need to clear my mind. And thats what I'm doing today. The guys told me that our plans for Brienne is coming along. I haven't seen her around school or much of anywhere and to be honest I don't care. I was out after school enjoying my grandmother and my little sister for once.

"Feels like I haven't spent no time with my grand babies lately. All you do is run around with Cordell and your peoples, I'm working and Lindsey well she is in her own world in that room y'all set up for her." Gma yvette said laughing.

"Gma you wont have to work too much longer. I still plan on going to college and getting my degree in Child psychology and once I land on my feet officially and open up my own practice guarantee you will be taken care of."

"Child please you got a child to take care of first. Don't worry about me. I am fine"

"Spoken like a true grandmother but I'm still going to and you cant stop me!" I said grabbing her face and kissing her cheek as we walked into Outback Steak House for dinner.

"You sentimental now but in a few hours that will change with all the emotions you been having child whew."

"Oh hush you love me!. And Lindsey does too right Lindsey!?" I said glancing down at her.

"Huh?" Lindsey said completely oblivious to our conversation.

"Nothing you ready to eat?" I asked her.

"Yeah! I want steak, shrimp, and potatoes!"

"You got an expensive taste you paying for it?" Gma Yvette asked Lindsey

"Yup! I got my monies right here!" She said pulling out her fake dollars out of her mini purse from the cashier toy Dre brought her recently.

Grandma and I busted out laughing. These were the sane moments I been longing for lately. Let's hope it stays this way.

Jamyis

I was at my locker grabbing my stuff to head home quickly before the boys basketball game later when I felt hands quickly go over my eyes.

"So you think you funny rocking my sweatshirt in the theaters cus you claim you was cold and when I asked for it dropping you off you run in ya house!!?"

I busted out laughing. I knew who it was. Yeah I took it home but it was nice! and I didn't think he would mind.

I turned around to face him. "Well I didn't know the sweatshirt meant that much to you J!"

"Yeah well it was mine but I don't mind you having it. All you gotta do is ask. But now you gotta give me something of yours its only fair..."

I thought of something quick. "Here rock my book bag." I started taking my stuff out.

"I don't want no damn pink north face book bag!"

"Well thats what I have right now!" I said laughing.

"It's cool you got it but you owe me something now and don't think ima forget ugly face.!"

"No you didn't just call me ugly! I'm cute if you wanted to be cute like me you should have taken that up wit Jesus."