Chapter 15- Losing Focus

Nishelle

"Lindsey said Katrell came to see her at school today".......

I could not grasp what I was hearing so I asked her again just to make sure I wasn't trippin.

"I'm sorry gma what!?"

"I said Lindsey told me that katrell, her father came to see her at school today."

"Oh heck no...what did she say he said to her?"

"That he loves her and is coming to get her soon. Nishe I'm scared he's going to do something to try and take that child away. I don't trust him as far as i can throw him!"

I shook my head for the simple fact that he just doesn't give a damn who's life he ruins or plans on to!. But I bet you one thing it wont be my family. 

"Grandma stay by the phone I'm going to call you right back."

I hung up with my gma and quickly dialed Cordell's number to let him know. He wasn't even home yet. It was late and I had no Idea of his whereabouts. 

"Hey bae" Cordell Answered.

"Where are you?" I went straight to the point.

"Wit Dre and Skittles. I'ma be home soon."

"Ok babe i'm worried my grandmother called me saying Katrell  came by Lindsey's school today to see her! He's back!"

"Yeah I know he's back, but you don't worry its already handled! Dre got people on it."

"Wait so you knew about this!? 

"yea...."

I immediately hung up on him. He knew about Katrell being around and didn't let me know!!!? And at that he was back and that my gma and sister could be in danger? I was beyond ticked off. I got up from the couch. Cadence had already left to go to her room. I went and put my sneakers and coat on and went to Cadence room to ask her for her car.

"Cadence!!!" I yelled. I knocked on her door to let her know I was entering. She was laying on her bed looking to be texting.

"yeah....whats wrong? and where you headed?" She said looking at me with concern, seeing I had my coat and sneakers on like I was on a mission.

"I gotta go get my grandmother and Lindsey they could be in danger."

"What happen!? Omg you want me to ride with you?" 

"Yea lets go and I will tell you on the way there." I said heading out to the car.

Cordell

Nishelle hung up on me not allowing me to explain. I tried calling her back multiple times but she wasn't answering. I know she gotta be mad at me now since I didn't tell her what I knew about the Katrell Situation. I didn't yet because I knew that would send her in a frenzy jeopardizing the baby's health and hers. I blew out a deep breath and I decided to dial my sisters phone to see where Nishelle was at.

"Yo"

"Cade where Shell at?"

"We at Nishelle's grandmothers house we about to leave..."

"Is Big Mark wit y'all?"

"Uh..No..we just across town Dell!"

"I told you I want him with Shelle and you when y'all go out. Thats what that ni**a being paid for! smh y'all don't listen!" I said yelling getting frustrated.