Chapter 7- To BE or NOT to be

Nishelle

This was it. I was giving birth to my rapist child. The adoptive parents who where going to take the baby was outside the room waiting for the arrival. I looked to my left and right no one was in the room with me but the doctor and nurses. This room felt so cold and dull. I hated it. I pushed and pushed and finally i heard boisterous lungs hitting all four corners of the room. I was able to get a glance and it was a baby girl. Wow she's beautiful. They didn't even let me hold her upon my request. They just shipped her away. Instantly a flood of tears began to crowd my eyes. The nurses and doctors started looking at me all at the same time and shaking their head. What did i do? Did i just make the biggest mistake of my life? No!!!!!! Wait!!!!!! "Bring her back!!!" i screamed. The nurses were ignoring me ushering my baby girl out the room. That was it she was GONE........

I woke up drenched in sweat and crying my eyes out. I've been having this reoccurring dream ever since a few days ago. I don't understand it. It's leaving me confused. I have my mind set so what is it trying to tell me? I know it couldn't be saying to keep this baby. It really had me thinking though. Cordell woke up and instantly started to rub my back.

"Did it happen again?" he asked.

"Yeah". "I don't get it" I said wiping my face with Cordell's oversize T-shirt i was wearing.

Cordell sat there in silence for a moment before saying something. "Maybe you just scared babe. Don't let some dream deter you away from how you feel. It was just a bad dream because you thinking about it so much."

"Yeah. I just hope i'm making the right decision...."

It was 3am. The day of my appointment. I conjured up some back bone monday night and called my mother to tell her what i was doing. I don't even know if she even believed me. She showed no emotion over the phone. I did all the talking. She barely spoke anything to me but three words. "ok, "yeah", and "bye". It hurt me to hear that she didn't even care. I don't know where my mother had changed but she did. It's almost as if i don't even know her anymore. I climbed out of my thoughts and decided to just go back to bed. I had to be up in a few hours anyway. This was it......or so i thought.

Cordell

I was getting worried about Nishelle. She has been really quiet these past few days and these dreams she been having are disturbing. A dream about keeping your rapist child's baby? It just didn't sit right with me. I hope she goes through with it. If she doesn't i don't know what to think or do. Could i be apart of this child's life if she was to keep it? Man this is crazy. I fell in love with a girl that is carrying someone else's baby. This is like some Joseph, Mary's husband in the bible type ish.

It was 8:30 in the morning and Nishelle and i was up getting dressed to go. She was really quiet again. I know this had to be a lot on her though. Her phone started going off. she answered and put it on speaker as always, continuing to get dressed.

"Hello.." she answered.

"Shell it's Nyla what time is your appointment?"

"9:45 why...."

"we're coming..."

"what? who's we?

"me,Bri, and Jamyis who else?"

"No! Yall stay in school seriously i'm a big girl i can handle it..."

Nyla sucked her teeth and the phone went silent.

"Really?..." Nishelle said looking at the phone then looking up at me.

"What happen?" I asked looking over to her throwing on my Yankee Fitted.