Chapter 16- News

Nishelle

Things have been seeming real strange since this past weekend, ever since saturday when the guys left out in the middle of the top chef party. Cordell didn't come home till mid morning sliding in bed with me grabbing ahold of me for dear life. When I went to ask him whats wrong and if he's okay he quickly answers that he is fine and that what Dre has going on doesn't concern me and not to worry about it. I'm not believing that ish one bit. But ima give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to come clean before I cause a scene. 

It was the end of the school day and the girls and I decided to continue shopping for our prom dresses. Nyla and Cadence had found their dress but decided to tag along. That left myself, Jamyis and Brienne without, and with me gaining weight was not helping at all. Speaking of Brienne she's been looking real depressed lately and completely distant. 

"Bri you okay?" I asked. We were in this dress store La Dress Boutique looking through the racks of dresses when I glanced at her.

"Yeah girl why?" She said not looking at me.

"I know when somethings not right with you. Lets not forget how you constantly have something to do every time we try and do stuff together as a group. Like whats sup."

"Shell for real I haven't been playing y'all it's just I got a lot of issues at home thats all. Haven't really had time to hang like y'all can."

"Okay so whats going on at home? Is your dad doing better?" I asked. I knew her father had drinking problems and was trying to go to rehab for it last we spoke.

"Nothing I can't handle! And dad is doing much better!..Hey look at this dress I think you would look good in it!" She said changing the subject quickly.

I stared at her reading right through her and automatically knew she was putting up a front. I was going to soon get to her about it. But ima let her come to me when she's ready. I be trying to give people room to be real with me rather them lie to my face straight out. Thats the stuff I don't like.

"This is kinda cute i'll try and see if it can fit!" I said playing along.

"Omg y'all check this one out this is fye!!" Jamyis yelled. 

"That's Hot! If you get that we gonna rock the same color!" Nyla said.

"Hmmm maybe I will change it then." Jamyis said laughing jokingly. "i'm kidding as long as the design is different though." 

"Gurl bye lol and yes go try the dress on. Brienne you find something yet?" Nyla asked.

"No I think ima just watch y'all." She said sounding despondent.

"Cheer up!!!! y'all all gonna find your dresses in time!!!" Nyla said trying to cheer Brienne.

Brienne

This is killing me to the core that they have no idea what problems i've caused. I truly want to go in a ditch and die somewhere slowly. I can't take lying to my best friends anymore. Lately I just feel more empty. It's like Katrell happily took a huge piece of me away the day he raped me. I haven't been the same since. I've been distancing myself because I didn't want to slip up for the sake of what Katrell said he would do to me if I snitched. Thankfully I haven't heard from him in a while.

The girls and I were in La Dress Boutique shopping for dresses. I truly didn't wanna go because for one, I know now I won't have enough money to even pay for a dress. I also told Katrell I didn't wanna partake in his plans anymore. I really have to watch what I spend with what little I have left. Two I wasn't ready to face them especially Nishelle.