Chapter 30-Emotional Ties

Jamyis

As promised I was going to be support to Nyla with talking to skittles. We were heading there right after we visit Nishelle, baby Caiden, and Cordell at their house. Melanie answered the door.

"Hey ladies" Melanie greeted.

"Wassup PW! (pregnant women) Look at you finally gaining some weight and look at that belly!" I cooed touching her stomach. She was now five months with the cutest belly.

"You are so silly." She said laughing. "Come in Nishelle is in the kitchen stuffing her face."

We walked into the kitchen where lil Caid was in his bouncer and Nishelle was indeed stuffing her face.

"My baby!" I said excitedly going to pick up my Godson out of his bouncer.

"He just ate so be aware!" Nishelle said.

"Why you going crazy on the food?" I asked observing her.

"Girl any opportunity I get without this boy interrupting I take advantage."

I laughed. "Okay. Well let's get straight to the point so you are in the know of whats going on. Nyla has something she wants to tell you."

"Is this the moment where I leave?" Melanie asked.

"Girl don't make me slap you. You family most importantly we sisters. You should know this by now! " Nishelle stated.

"I'm just asking! You know me."

"so whats sup?" Nishelle asked Nyla.

"Before y'all go ham..." Nyla began.

"Nope i'm already not with the sh*ts." Shell interrupted.

"Would you listen!" I butted in.

"So the day of Caiden's birth when Cordell got locked up skittles was on edge. Long story short as a result He kinda hit me.." Nyla mumbled towards the end.

"Excuse me???!! What did you say???" Nishelle asked to see if she heard right.

"Oh hell naw!" Melanie yelled.

"He aint kinda hit you Nyla he slap the sh*t out of you come correct!!!" I said getting mad all over again.

Nyla went into detail of all that happened. When she was done Nishelle put her fork down from eating and got up rushing to exit the kitchen.

"Yall watch my baby I will be back."

Melanie got up quickly blocking her "WAIT!!! i'm sure Nyla has this under control am I right Nyla?" She said glancing at her for assurance.

"Yeah Jamyis is coming with me to talk to him after we leave here."

"Okay. So see shell they got it relax!"

"Oh ima relax alright when I put my foot up his a**!!! Thats some dumb crap! Why the Hell would he put hands on her! I don't play that! especially when its my best friends my sisters!!!!"

"Im with you on that No G. I pray I don't pounce on his a** when I see him." I said shaking my head.

"Things have just gotten crazy. I don't know where we went wrong!" Nyla began as her eyes watered.

"Don't cry Ny it's going to be okay" I said going to side hug her as I held a sleeping Caiden.

"Where is Cordell?" I asked noticing his absence.

"He's with Dre and probably skittles. I'll call and see before y'all head over there." Nishelle spoke.