chapter 23- Plans And Secrets

Cordell

"I don't know why my brother insisted it be you as my partner." I said shaking my head. Skittles had me out here after midnight on the corners and alley's slanging with him knowing damn well my brother only asked for him to keep me in the trap to learn the basics! smh. This dude don't listen. 

"Well Who else got time for you? Shoot you better be lucky I had time!"

"Bruh.....you neva got sh*t to do but talk sh*t. Shut up and hurry up and get me out of this damn alley for I tell my brother what you got me doing right now!"

"Well if Olin had his sh*t together today we wouldn't be doing his job but I got pulled at the last minute so take note while we out cheaa pahtna!"

We continued walking through the alley till someone stopped us for a lick. I listened to skittles and the guys conversation to be up on whats going on.

"You got the All American?" The man said not even making eye contact. This ni**a looked like he could use a meal.

"Yeah" I watched as Skittles pulled out a small baggy from his jean pocket and make a quick transaction looking out for Five O.

"Crack monster what the f*ck is this!? Skittles said to him while counting the money the man just had gave him.

 Did he just call him crack monster?!!

"I....I....ima get it to you by tomorrow man how long you known me!?

"Do I look like a tomorrow ni**a to you? My name is Mr. Pay Me Today or get murked! f*ck you mean?" 

"Man ima..ima have it I promise!!!!"

Skittles looked to me like I'm suppose to give him an answer. Ah Hell No....This too soon.

"Money what you think I Should do?  Ima give you the power of this here decision today since we are TODAY muh f*ckas and not tomorrow n*ggas" Skittles said to me.

Was that my hint?

"Crack monster where are you gonna get the rest of this money for us?" I quickly thought to say.

"I...Ummm..I got a friend to spot me...!"

"He Lyin ..." Skittles said shaking his head looking elsewhere letting me handle this.

"Where's this "friend" cus we aint waiting tomorrow... you got five mins to figure it out."

"Proud how you handled that! ima have to tell Dre you can be elevated!!" Skittles said smiling, looking at me as we were driving off from where he had us.

"What?! Skittles The "friend" he BEGGED to spot him was down the alley he was just lying to ya a** he wasn't gone pay you!."  I said sucking my teeth. "If anything I spared his a** a gunshot to his head the way you was gonna finish him."

"Yeah well job well done King Masssah!!!. So ummm seeing you already on the team and working and sh*t you can now grant me one of my demands for going with you to talk to Dre. A ni**a hungry. I worked up a appetite. So umm....seeing i'm taking you home on the way we can get my free order of hot wings and some fries from that corner spot on Belview"

I corner eyed him so hard he so damn hard of hearing!!!

"Ni**a I said when I make my first cut!!" "Damn you mental man."

"Bull Sh*t you know Dre about to hit you off for just starting so ummm get cha a** out my car and go get my food." He said pulling up unlocking the doors to the chicken and rib spot.