Chapter 21- When Things Go Up

Nishelle

Today is the day I've Been waiting for since I was a little girl. It wasn't my wedding day but the second closest to it. It was one of the days I knew would be memorable for the rest of my life. I woke up with anticipation and excitement despite my growing son kicking me all damn night. That boy is something else already. Cordell said he had a surprise waiting for me at Jamyis house after school and it was his prom gift to me to make my night all the more special. I was anxious to know what it was. I hate surprises. I just like to be in the know. I don't know why the hell we had school today the day of prom. That only gives us a certain amount of time to get ready! What type of mess is that! The girls and I decided that we would all get dressed at Jamyis house and leave from there. Seeing Jamyis mom and Nyla's mom was the only mothers present at this time aside from my grandmother, we wanted a mothers touch on our day. It kind of saddened me that my mother wouldn't be around to witness this day with me. I always would dream my mother would be helping me get dressed for prom and giving me something to wear of hers before she sent me off. But I had to suck it up for the sake of my own sanity today and just allow Jamyis mom who was close like a mother to me anyways take that place. I was determined to have a great night.The girls and I all loaded up in my truck and drove to the house. But before I got out Cadence handed me a note and told me read it before we got out the car.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just open the darn thing and hurry up! We aint got all day!" She smirked.

I open the note:

"A Young Woman always needs a mothers touch on prom to guide her into her next journey..."

Love you babe. Hope my gift gets as close to that as possible. See you in a few hours whit cha sexy self.

Love ya Man

"Awwww!....Okay i'm so confused." I said trying to piece it together but my mind just wouldn't let me.

"What did it say?" Jamyis asked getting out of the car.

"You read it" I handed it to her.

"What is this boy up to I don't get it neither!" She laughed and unlocked her door to her house.

"Ma we here!" Jamyis yelled out.

I screamed and dropped everything as I turned to look in the living room. Nothing was preparing me for what I saw sitting on the living room couch.

Cordell

Right about now Nishelle was getting the surprise of her life. I know she is going bananas right now. I love to keep my baby happy and on her toes. She deserves every bit of it. The fellas and I was going to meet up with them in a few but first we were about to have a pre party turn up ourselves here at Chino's house. He decided to have us get dressed here, take pictures and turn up while we were at it. Of course not too much seeing we had our girls waiting and prom to get to.

"Iight fellas! time to get loose wit some Grey goose!!!" Chino came in the man cave with two bottles in his hands in the air.

"We finna be turnt!" Skittles said excited acting like a kid on Christmas. This boy love some liqs.

"Not to turnt bruh we got the ladies and prom to get to. Save that for the weekend!" I said, reminding him.

"Word I'm mad hype for this lil trip!" He replied.

I was excited myself for this trip. Dre helped me plan along with skittles. We were flying to Miami for the weekend. Nishelle and I made sure from her doctor if it was okay for her to fly and she gave us the go. She said it wasn't until she was reaching the very end of her pregnancy where it would have been risky. I was happy to hear that because I was not tryna drive no nine hours to Miami for some weekend. Hell No.