Chapter 10 -When Fires Blaze.....Things Glue

Nishelle

A few weeks has gone by since i seen Lindsey. I guess it all had to do with me pushing my grandmother to get her and have her stay with us. Like myself gma thought that Mona needed some time to re cooperate after the disappearance of Katrell and the incident that occurred between myself and him. Like my grandmother said Mona is stubborn and that was just how she acted to her suggestion on taking lindsey for a while. It wasn't like my gma was trying to get full custody of her....at least not yet. My grandmother had went to talk to my mother about the idea and my mother flipped a ham and a hock and cursed her out for no reason!. I know my mother to be crazy but the way gma told me she was acting was a bit far from normal. She said she had looked thinner and her face was changing. She wasn't even giving gma her full attention. It was as if her mind was on something else and she wasn't still for nothing. My mind raced a million miles trying to figure what all has been going on with her. I was tempted to ask Dre to watch my mother and see if there was any thing out of the norm. But as quickly as i thought about it the quicker i dropped it. I did not want Cordell in my business trying to be captain save a family. He has been trying everything to be close to me and get on my good side permanently. I just wasn't having it yet. Remember i'm making him sweat for his little title back. Although Dre was loyal to me i knew he is more loyal to his brother and he would have told him.

All day in school i was getting this eerie feeling. I couldn't shake it for nothing. I was in class and i was spaced out. My stomach was up and down and it wasn't just my baby causing it. I couldn't even tell you what Mrs. Matthews was saying. It seemed like my thoughts were clouding everything in one moment. Nyla has class with me and quickly took me out my thoughts throwing a piece of paper at me to get my attention. I quickly looked over to her who was sitting a row next to me, like she was crazy.

"What did you do that for?" I said whispering.

"Pay attention! Get ya head out the clouds! You know we need to be on Mrs. Matthews good side."

I slightly laughed thinking about the incident she is referring to two weeks ago.

FLASHBACK

"Ms. Palmer and Ms. Thomas See Me after class IMMEDIATELY!!!!" Mrs. Matthews yelled out looking more heated than a heating pad. She was panting and heaving holding her chest, trying to regain herself back to normal breathing. The class was in an uproar of laughter.

((END OF FLASHBACK))

Nyla and i wanted to have some fun. So we thought of "great" idea one day to mess with Mrs. Matthews OCD with order and placement. We got the whole class to join in on the prank. We decided to re arrange everything on her desk and in her class room and then changed every ones seat and had everyone sit anywhere but not in their normal seat that she had us assigned to. She walked into class and almost had a heart attack. The class then went into an uproar of laughter seeing Mrs. Matthews face change different expressions from confused to panic to all out crazy!. How you asked we got caught? Well by accident Nyla and myself got too happy that we pulled it off, hi- fived each other and did our dance in the middle of the classroom. We did our dance we do together when we win or have something accomplished. She easily picked us as the culprits. The worst thing we got for it all was to put everything back in order the way we found it and a week in detention. But seeing we needed to graduate we had to work back on Mrs. Mathews good side. Boy was that day funny as hell though!. Hey this is what seniors do!

"Im tryna pay attention i'm just getting a funny feeling." I said back.

"Whats wrong something with the baby?" She automatically questioned.