ten

disclaimer: i'm not a doctor or anything close. everything medically written in this chapter is information i've researched online and i'm not claiming it as my own or claiming to be correct, it's just needed for the plot of the story. if there's anything i've written that is wrong or particularly harmful, please let me know and i'll change it <33

cw: talk of abortion and miscarriage.

*******

Edora

Loud consistent and persistent beeping, distant chatter, voices announcing call outs through the speakers, the clattering of medical instruments - all sounds that make me wince as I feel myself waking up in a daze and completely confused.

My body aches and feels heavy making a small groan to escape my lips when I try to lift my hand to rub across my forehead to try and relieve the tension. My head is throbbing and my throat is extremely dry. I can see the light from the room behind my closed eyes but try and open them nevertheless, pinching them shut and slowly reopening them again for me to adjust to the change.

The second my eyes are open, I'm letting out an exasperated breath just for it to fan back over my face. I'm suddenly all too aware of the oxygen mask over my mouth but I'm groaning when I'm trying to move my hand to remove it from my face. I look down at my hand, seeing an IV in the vein, the stand between my bed and the heart monitor.

I'm in a hospital room by myself and I can't even remember how I got here or why I'm here.

I begin to run through the events of today in my head, from what I can remember, only to hit a mental wall. I'm so fucking exhausted. I remember waking up, throwing up, finding out I'm pregnant, losing my job and confronting Harry but I don't remember anything after that. This might possibly be the worst day of my life.

My eyes suddenly widen when I actually realise what has happened today.

I'm pregnant... and I'm in the hospital. That can't be a good thing especially not when I'm hooked up to an IV and have an oxygen mask over my face, being a deadweight in this hospital bed.

What if I've lost the baby?

I then truly realise I'm in the hospital. That's medical bills I don't have the money to pay for and my medical insurance expired a month ago, I've just not got around to renewing it. I figured it would be okay until next month as I'm rarely ever in potentially dangerous situations but that's now bit me in the ass.

The throbbing in my head intensifies as my mind begins to race with every possible outcome of today and when I'm crying, I come to the conclusion that I'm gonna be homeless and babyless. I'll have to move back home with my parents and sleep on the sofa, be unemployed until I can get my shit together, suffer and drown in my own self hate.

That's not what I want. I deserve so much more than that.

The clicking of the door to my room is what has me holding my breath and quickly opening my eyes, hoping that it's a doctor or nurse so they can explain to me what is going on but much to my surprise, it's actually Harry. He quietly enters the room with a coffee cup in hand, the head of a water bottle between his pinky and ring finger. On the other hand, his blazer rests over his arm, leaving him in a creased white shirt that is only buttoned up half way and a pair of black dress pants.

There is a split second where I'm almost relieved to see him just so I don't have to be alone at such a confusing time, but then I'm remembering our screaming match and all the hurtful things he had thrown at me.

He told me to abort the baby. This man actually wrote me a cheque to abort the baby as if money was going to sway my decision. He even told me he'd pay for the divorce, knowing that that is something I want so desperately. He showed absolutely no remorse for having me suspended and he didn't give a fuck when I stood there in front of him sobbing, begging for him to just give me some answers.