twenty seven

cw: drug and alcohol abuse.

Edora

At the sound of Harry's voice, I drop the frying pan down by my side and walk up to the door to peer at him through the peephole.

He stands with one hand pressed flat to my door, his chin touches his chest as he looks down at his feet, his hair hanging over his face. He's wearing the same suit I'm sure he left in for work this morning, except his white dress shirt is wrinkled, barely even done up and untucked from his dress pants. His tie hangs loosely around his neck. As if he could feel me close to him, he soon lifts his head and instantly, I'm met with Harry's blown out pupils - there's no colour to them - a lazy smile on his lips and a paler tone to his skin.

"For fucks sake." I mutter under my breath and flip the lock on the door. The second he hears the click of the lock, he's removing his hand from the door and is standing up straight allowing me to open the door.

"Honeylove!" He exclaims when the door opens, for once sounding excited to see me.

Although the petname has my heart fluttering, I ignore it and I ignore him completely. Instead, I drop the pan to the floor and close the space between us to grab his face and pull him down to me. I try not to wince at the stench of alcohol he carries with him. He groans from my force but doesn't pull away as I stare at his eyes.

"Are you fucking high?!" I whisper shout through gritted teeth and watch as his eyebrows lower into a soft frown.

"No." He quietly responds before I'm pushing his face away from me and taking a few steps back. His eyes then land on the frying pan and a smirk makes its way onto his face. "Were you going to hit me with that, Rapunzel?"

"Yes." I bluntly respond. "And I still will if you don't tell me what you fucking want."

His smirk falters for a few seconds as he shrugs his shoulders. "Just wanted to see you."

My face softens for a split second before I'm raising a wary eyebrow.

"You never want to see me."

"I always want to see you." He effortlessly confesses before he gestures over my shoulder. "Can I come in? It's cold out here."

"No." I say and shake my head. "You're high and drunk so-" I cut myself off and frown up at him. "How did you even get here?"

"I drove."

My eyebrows shoot up my forehead. "Under the influence?"

"Shit." He murmurs and rubs his chin with his hand. "Yeah, whoops." He murmurs and casually shrugs his shoulders as if his actions mean nothing to him. "Does that mean I have to stay here with you all night?"

Harry leans up against my doorframe with a lazy smile on his face and his question has my heart racing. It races so fast that I shake my head and ignore his question.

"Where are the twins?"

Suddenly, his whole face drops. The cheekiness and amusement is wiped clean and is replaced with a worrying look, possibly even hurt. He harshly swallows and looks at me with so much sincerity.

"Can I please come in?" He quietly asks but the way he avoids the question has anxiety rising in me and I'm shaking my head. He must see the worry because he sighs. "The twins are fine, they're still with Asher. I didn't go home."

I can't shake the pain in his voice as he speaks which is why I grab his wrist and gently guide him inside my apartment, shutting the door behind him. Harry holds onto my shoulder as he kicks his shoes off before stumbling further into my apartment to collapse onto my sofa.