twenty four

Edora

ONE WEEK LATER (12 WEEKS PREGNANT)

Turns out I did have plans on the Friday - today, I did have plans today and I had only remembered what they were when Harry had texted me midweek asking if I was still okay to look after the twins late Friday as he had a work dinner. I felt extremely guilty to change the plan and tell him no but I wasn't going to cancel my plans with Ezra when he had made the effort to clear his schedule and ask me out.

Harry wasn't happy to say the least. I had suggested having Asher care for them but he insisted Asher had to be at the dinner so I then suggested possible grandparents, his sister who he had mentioned (if she even exists) and his response was "Will Trixie look after them?". I had to laugh at this. He thought she'd be stupid enough to care for his children - which would end up being a conflict of interest - and risk getting fired? It was amusing.

He kept asking me what had suddenly come up and I kept telling him that it was none of his business and it isn't. I don't know why I feel so resigned to tell him because it's not like he'd care but I just don't want to. I think a small part of me feels a little guilty for going on a date when I have a husband with a divorce that is hardly underway. Me and Harry have nothing romantic but in some ways, it still feels a little wrong.

But saying that, I've surprisingly enjoyed talking to Ezra on and off for the past week. He works a lot so simple conversations seem to be spread out across the hours, sometimes even across to the next day, but it doesn't bother me. He's busy and if I'm honest, I like the distance between us. I don't like people clinging to me. Our conversations are minimal but he seems sweet enough which is why I'm happy to go on this date today.

Trixie nearly got her ass beat for setting it up but she had claimed it was something I needed. She told me there's absolutely no pressure, just something casual and fun and if it turns into something more then that's just a bonus. She's right. It's casual and fun.

My outfit is a little skintight and for once, it feels nice to not feel like I have to hide my body. Granted, he could see the little bump and run for the hills (especially after I told him it was Trixie who was pregnant, not me) but a small part of me hopes he doesn't. In fact, he might not even see it. My bump is still so small, it may not even be noticeable to people who don't know.

I'm wearing a black ribbed bodysuit that ties over one shoulder, my other shoulder being bare besides the small purse that rests beneath my arm. Paired with it is a short black cotton skirt that is layered and ruched, a pair of small black heels on my feet. I've brought a black leather jacket just in case it gets cold or I feel like I need to cover up a bit. I've kept my makeup minimal and was greeted with an influx of compliments from Trixie when I got in the car - she's dropping me off at the restaurant.

"God, he's splashing out on you." Trixie murmurs underneath her breath as the GPS alerts us that we're two minutes away from our destination meaning that we are stopping in Beverly Hills not just passing through. "I didn't know paramedics made this much."

I had been relatively calm until Trixie pulled up outside of the restaurant and I saw Ezra nervously standing by the front doors in an all black suit, his hands shoved into his pockets. He looks so much different with his hair gelled back and no work uniform in sight - He looks hot, not that he didn't before...he looks hotter. I smile at his nervous foot tapping before I heavily exhale and decide to just bite the bullet.

Ezra is able to notice my arrival fairly quickly as Trixie causes a commotion by parking in a place that is saved for 'Special Arrivals' and apparently I am not classed as a special arrival. She argues with the people, telling them that she'll only be two minutes but they refuse to listen as they have somebody arriving soon - something like that so Ezra is quick to approach and I'm quick to say goodbye to Trixie.