twelve

Edora

It's just gone four in the afternoon when my gps is telling me that I've arrived at my destination. What I've actually arrived at is a massive gated community, a security man on guard of the neighbourhood refusing to let me in. After ten minutes of back and forth and a phone call with Harry, he had finally let me in.

It was when I was driving through the neighbourhood that I grasped just how rich he actually is. I mean, I knew but to actually see it has my eyes widening in shock and my jaw dropped to my lap. These houses are more like mansions, all modern and renovated to perfection. Everyone I drove past was clean and tidy, carrying designer bags, designer suits on their bodies, driving high end cars.

It made me feel dirty. I don't think that even if I work everyday for the rest of my life and save every penny that I'd ever be able to afford anything here.

He's filthy rich.

When I finally find his house, my jaw somehow manages to drop even more. It's a mansion. There's no way it can be classed as a house. No wonder he looked so disgusted when he's showed up to my apartment.

It's a two story house with a flat roof. Instead of brick walls, majority of his house is just slabs of one way glass reaching from the ground to the ceiling. The house is above ground, a ramp leading up to the house and an underground garage directly in front of me.

Two black gates are locked, stopping me from getting to his house. With a sigh, I'm rolling down the window in an attempt to buzz in so he can open the gates, but I find I've parked too far away so I'm having to unbuckle my seat belt and basically hang out of the window to reach.

After pressing the button, it takes a mere few seconds for the gates to start opening and for me to drive onto his property. Directly ahead of me is access to the underground garage and to the right is a ramp that leads up to his house. With no prior directions from Harry, I just drive directly up to his house to save myself more hassle and park where I see fit.

I grab my phone and bag before climbing out of the car, my jaw still slacking as I take in my surroundings. I can't quite get over it. Maybe nannying for the rich should be my new interest. This is luxurious.

Before I even get to knock on the door, it's being swung open and a very stressed Harry stands on the other side. He wears a pair of cuffed grey joggers and a plain white t-shirt, nike socks and shoes on his feet. His hair is all over the place, a baby monitor in his hand and it's at this moment I wish he wasn't so hot - it makes it harder to hate him when he looks this good.

"What took you so long?" Harry asks as he begins to walk away, leaving the door open for me to welcome myself in.

"You literally live on the other side of LA." I mumble under my breath, closing the door behind me, watching as he disappears from sight, rushing around.

I don't know if I should be following him or not and I don't want to piss him off if I welcome myself further into his house so I just stand in the doorway and take this moment to look around.

The whole house has a light wash theme; the walls being white, the stairs, the hard flooring having a white marble theme. As soon as you walk into the house, you're met with a stairway to the left and the right, both leading upstairs and meet at the landing on the second floor. Both sets of stairs have baby gates at the bottom and top. Through the middle of those stairs are doors that lead to multiple different rooms, to my left is a door to head into, what I assume, is the living room. The door is shut.

I stare at the marble stairs for a little bit, in complete awe of how beautiful they are. I never thought I'd be calling stairs beautiful but they look like they cost more than I'm worth. However, the longer I look, the more I see. There's 3 nails in the wall that assend with the stairs, looking as if something should be hanging there but there's nothing - just three nails in the wall.