thirteen

Edora

9 weeks pregnant

"Albie, you're gonna stab yourself in the eye if you try and use that." I mumble under my breath as I gently pry my mascara from his grasp and replace it with an old lipstick instead. "Here, use this one instead."

Luella sits beside me on the hard flooring, her legs crossed, rubbing her finger across an old makeup palette of mine. She giggles as the makeup transfers from her finger to her eyelid. Albie plops himself down beside her and pulls the lid off of the red lipstick, inspecting it before he puckers his lips and smears it all over his face.

They're both so adorable.

Tonight is the dinner with my parents, with Harry and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. We've not spoken about the plan for tonight at all. I've been nannying the twins for a week now and in that time, I've probably had about ten minutes of chat with Harry.

He's cut their nursery days short so he continues to drop them off in the morning and I pick them up at twelve in the afternoon. We then come back to their house (or go to the shops, the park, little walks and so on) and hang out until six in the evening when Harry comes home. I briefly give him a rundown of the day before I swiftly leave his house, not wanting to be around him any longer than needed.

I did however remind Harry yesterday about the dinner and he said he'd remember and yet, it's gone six and he's not home. My parents are arriving at half seven.

I've not seen them since they arrived a few hours ago. They wanted me to pick them up from the airport but I told them I had work, which technically I did, so they checked into their hotel and said they'd be over for half seven.

Not a single part of me wants to see them and I'm dreading this whole experience. I just hope Harry will participate as instructed and for once, not be an asshole.

"What does this do?" Luella asks as she picks up my blusher but before she can drop it and do any damage, I'm quickly but gently taking it from her.

"It makes your cheeks all rosey and red!" I tell her and before I can set it back down, she giggles and excitedly bounces on her knees.

"I want some."

"Please." Albie then adds on and drops the lipstick to the floor, most of the product being on his face rather than on his lips.

"Yeah, please." Luella then says and of course, I'm giving into them. I put my highlighter down and pick back up my blush brush before turning to Luella and gently tilting her head back. Before I can put the blush onto her little cheeks, she's leaning back and giving me a very stern look. "It has invisible powers." She whispers. "You can't see me when it's on."

Playing along with her, I gasp. "Does it really?"

"Yes. Be careful." She tells me before she's leaning back in and tilting her head for me to apply the product.

The second the product is on, my eyes are widening in faux surprise before I'm quickly grabbing Albie and having him stand beside me.

"Where did Lula go? I can't see her!" I exclaim in a playful panic and watch as her whole hand covers her mouth to stifle her giggles. "Albie, Lula's disappeared!"

He laughs with his whole chest as he shakes his head. "She's right there!" He exclaims, pointing his finger straight at Luella but I pretend to see straight past her.

"I can't see her! She's invisible."

"I'm right here, 'dora!" She laughs, making me look at her before I'm looking at Albie.