Chapter 2: Patching In and Patching Up

Disclaimer – The characters of this fanfiction, as well as the 'Sons of Anarchy' world belong to Kurt Sutter, with the exception of 'Boo' Morrow, who is an original character created by me. I make no profit from this work.

"They still in church?" Boo asked as she set a fresh cup of coffee down in front on her step-mother, Gemma Teller. The Sons had been in church for near an hour now, which struck the teenager as odd as life in Charming had been rather dull and eventless for the last few months. Church was rarely called more than once a week and the meetings never lasted more than 10 or 20 minutes. The club was bored and itching for something to do, and Boo had to admit she shared the feeling. Her first few months in Charming had been eventful to say the least. War with the Mayans, ATF sniffing around after the death of two Nords just outside of Charming and a group of wannabe biker kids trying to deal coke in the local high school were just some of the things that had welcomed the teenager when she'd arrived in town 12 months previously. By the time she'd gotten used to it all, things calmed down, going from a full on storm to near total calm in just a matter of weeks.

"Thanks baby." Gemma said, accepting the coffee with a sign of satisfaction. It was late November and the hot drink was welcome in the chilly afternoon air. "Yeah, someone from SAMBEL wants a transfer so they're putting it to a vote." She sighed as she reclined in her chair and took a sip, savouring the warmth that spread through her body as a result.

"Argh, I hope they patch him over. It'll liven things up a bit." Boo groaned as she shifted a pile of papers off the spare chair and sat herself down. She had a quick flick through the papers, but it was all old paperwork waiting for Gemma to file away. There was nothing new to fix at the garage, nothing due to come in. Goddamnit was the whole of Charming on pause?

"Yeah..." Gemma said with a soft smirk, agreeing with her step-daughter. As much as she enjoyed the relative peace, it was getting old. When shit got old, it got boring, and Gemma didn't do boring. Boring seemed to age her, at least it felt that way and the adrenaline filled normality of the MC kept her on her toes, kept her feeling young. She took the pile of unfiled paperwork from her stepdaughter with a groan of impatience and set to work sorting through it. On days like this, she really considered stirring up trouble, if only to have something more interesting to do than over-due filing.

"Who's the new prospect?" Boo asked as Gemma got to work, eyeing the short Puerto Rican kid with lightning bolts tattooed on his shaved head in the prospect cut sweeping the already immaculate shop floor. He was just one of many prospects that had come and gone in the last few months, not one of them lasting more than a few weeks. The boredom that was setting in amongst the club members meant they were giving the prospects a harder time than usual.

"Name's Juice... good kid, bit off a geek." Gemma said with a soft laugh, her mind wandering back to that morning when she'd meet the prospect for the first time. She was having trouble with the office computer and Juice – who had been hovering outside the room silent as a mouse when Tig could find nothing for him to do – jumped in and explained what the problem was at great length, despite the fact that it only took him a few taps on the keyboard to sort it. "Could be good for the club, he says he can hack into any government database." She continued, wondering to herself if the prospects claims were true. Hack into the government's database? That was impossible surely? Was this just bullshit to help him get his top rocker, or was he serious? The Queen of Charming could only hope for the latter. It always paid to be one step ahead of the feds.

"Nice! Think he'll last the year?" Boo asked, sounding doubtful. The way things were going, they'd never have another prospect finish their full year. In the year she'd been in Charming, she'd seen at least 7 prospects come and go, not one of them able to hack the abuse of the fully patched club members.