Chapter 36: Lie to Me, Die For Him

Fiona Larkin smiled as her daughter and husband talked between themselves, their occasional laughter breaking the nervous tension between them. Fiona was glad to see them bonding, to see them getting along so well despite the 13 years they'd spent apart. Less now, she believed that she still loved Filip and that she wanted him back; the icy tension between them after she'd arrived with Kerrianne at the SAMBEL clubhouse had made her more than aware that whatever had been between them years previously, the love and commitment, was long gone. There was still something there between them though, something that would never be erased because of their long history together, and Fiona found herself holding onto that something. It was nice to feel something other than fear and loathing for a change, nice to feel something so warm and tender, so close to love. Fiona though, had no idea what this something was, what it meant for her and Filip. Until then she'd just keep working on trying to win him back, on becoming a family with him again; he was trying to help get rid of Jimmy for good and when that day came maybe, just maybe they could be happy and in love again like they'd once been. Filip and Kerrianne's obvious bonding would help towards that, as would the orange tub of pills that had fallen out of Boo's jacket pocket when Fiona had knocked it off the coat rack by mistake.

"Hey there darlin'." Chibs drawled tenderly, snapping Fiona from her thoughts. She looked up, half expecting to see Filip looking at her, only to find that Boo had walked into Maureen's kitchen, where she, Filip and Kerrianne had been since Casey had agreed they could return to the rectory later with the club. Fiona's eyes narrowed as she watched the young woman plant a kiss on her husband's cheek and smile at her daughter. Fiona hated that Kerrianne and Boo had bonded straight away, that her daughter both liked and approved of the new woman in her fathers life, it would make winning Filip back all the more difficult. After greeting Filip and Kerrianne, Boo headed towards the coat rack. Fiona realised what she was after and her lip curled into a smirk, her hand felt around in her pocket for that orange tub of pills.

"Hey." Boo grinned after she'd kissed Chibs cheek, before giving Kerrianne a smile in way of greeting, which the teenager soon returned. She hadn't wanted to disturb father and daughters bonding time but she was late taking her pill. She'd left her birth control in her jacket pocket without thinking and planned to sneak one out without taking the tub out of her pocket so that Filip didn't see them. "Just need to get something from my jacket then I'll be gone again." She added. Filip nodded his head at that and returned his attentions to his daughter. Boo quickly rummaged through the pockets of her jacket, wanting to find her pills and take one while Chibs attention was elsewhere, but she couldn't find them. All her pockets were completely empty. "Shit." Boo cursed, panicked. She knew without a shadow of a doubt that those pills had been in her jacket pocket – she'd shoved them in there whilst she and Chibs had unpacked upon their arrival. She really hoped she hadn't lost them; she and Filip had already had unprotected sex since their arrival and it wasn't uncommon to fall pregnant after missing just one pill.

"Looking fer these lovey?" Fiona asked as she held up and shook the little orange tub that contained Boo's birth control with well masked glee. She'd been watching Boo frantically search her empty jacket pockets in amusement and as soon as she'd shaken the tub of pills, all eyes had fallen on her; including Filip's. Fiona was delighted to see him scowl in confusion.

"What are they?" Chibs asked as he looked at the tub in Fiona's hands. He knew it was some form of medication but he couldn't think what kind; Boo had been off her antibiotics since she'd had the stitches in her stomach removed and as far as he was aware, she wasn't on any other medication. Boo, who was stark white and whose eyes were wide and shaking with terror, didn't give Filip an answer.

"I hope yeh didn't miss a dose little girl; yeh could find yerself pregnant." Fiona said with false concern as she slammed the little orange tub down on the table that Filip and Kerrianne were sat at. Boo didn't move to get them, she just stared down at them in horror, her arms tight round herself, her eyes suddenly full of fear. "And here was me thinkin' you and Filip were tryin' fer a baby." Fiona drawled offhandedly, for she had overheard Kerrianne asking her father if he had any children with Boo, the Scotsman had informed her that he and Boo were currently trying to have a baby and that she'd miscarried after being thrown to the ground during the same explosion that'd almost killed him.