Chapter 27: Pornstar

"Come on Gemma, speak to me please." Boo pleaded, taking her stepmothers hands tightly between her own, widening her blue eyes to the point where they hurt in a vain attempt to get the SAMCRO matriarch to talk to her about the accident she'd had some weeks before. At first, the fact that she seemed so shook up and skittish over what had happened seemed justified and normal, but now it had been weeks since Gemma had crashed her caddy and Boo was convinced there was more to her stepmothers story than she was letting on. After all, a woman like Gemma, strong and unwavering, should not have been so affected by such a trivial little accident. "There is something more than just that accident getting to you..." Boo went on, unable to stop herself groaning in frustration when Gemma just flashed her a reassuring - but not to convincing - smile and shook her head.

"Baby it just shook me up is all, don't you worry about me." Gemma insisted. She wished she could tell Boo about her the truth behind her 'accident', wished she could share with her stepdaughter the details' of the horrific attack and rape she had been dealt at the hands of Weston and his cronies but she couldn't. Boo was far too close to both Chibs and Tig and would no doubt be unable to keep from them such a sordid truth. She'd tell them both and in turn, they would tell Jax, Clay and the rest of the club. Jax and Clay's - and indeed the rest of the clubs - retaliation would be brutal, bloody and ill planned enough to fail. Which is exactly what Weston, Zobelle and the rest of LOAN wanted. No, Gemma would keep silent on the matter - as much as it pained her, as much as she wanted someone other than Tara to talk to about it all - and in turn, she'd save the club.

"But I do worry Gem..." Boo insisted, not buying Gemma's lies for a second. She would have been angry at her stepmother, had it not been for the fact that she knew it would make Gemma even more defiant on the matter! "You're a strong woman; this accident shouldn't have shaken you up so much." She said, biting back the angry outburst that was fighting for release. Gemma just smiled again, more forcibly this time, and patted her stepdaughters hand before sitting back in her chair and lighting a cigarette.

"I'll be okay Boo." She insisted as she took a drag, long and slow. Gemma knew if Boo continued to push as she was doing - as she had been doing for over a week now- than she'd soon give in and tell her everything. A change of subject was defiantly needed, something that would distract Boo entirely and make her forget all about Gemma's accident and her overly skittish behaviour afterwards. "So tell me, how are things with you and Chibs? I know you're trying for a baby." She said with a sly smirk, eyebrow arched, a knowing glint in her eyes. It hadn't been hard to figure out what the Scotsman and her stepdaughter were up too! Everyone else might be willing to believe that they were just going at it all the time simply because things between them were good once again, but the Queen of Charming knew they wouldn't be fucking so much if they weren't trying for a baby. That, coupled with what she'd observed at Abel's homecoming - after talking to Chibs she'd kept an eye on the couple, who never seemed to stray far from baby Abel and whose eyes seemed to remain fixed on his tiny form in want and longing - made Gemma certain they were trying to have a child of their own.

Gemma's attempt at changing subjects had the desired effect. At once Boo blushed a brilliant purple and ducked her head, shy, coy smile playing about her lips.

"Yeah, we are..." she nodded, hands automatically cradling her flat, empty stomach. Boo didn't even ask Gemma how she knew that she and Chibs were trying for a baby, there would be no point! Gemma just had a way of working things out, of knowing what was going on in the minds of those around her."No luck yet though." She admitted. Yet another month had passed in which Boo's period had come, another month blighted by dreary disappointment and renewed hope that maybe next month would be the one when she and Chibs were finally blessed with an absent period and a string of positive pregnancy tests.