Chapter 26: Disappointment and Hope

Hey." Boo grinned, looking up from her cereal as she heard the front door open, which a tired and hung-over Chibs walked through. He beamed at her, tired eyes hidden behind his dark sunglasses, and sauntered over, pressing a sweet kiss to Boo cheek as she asked "What are you doing home? I didn't expect you back so early." It was still rather early in the morning, not yet 8am, and the night before had been Bobby's homecoming party. Never one for a club party, Boo had stayed only long enough to see Bobby and welcome him home, before leaving and heading home for a night in front of the TV with Tillie. Of course not before dragging Chibs into the bathroom and giving him a blow job that made him weak at the knees and a hickey, secreted away on his shoulder blade - a sensitive spot for the Scotsman - leaving him knowing just who he belonged to all night long. Knowing what Chibs and the club were like when it came to such parties, she didn't expect her man home until at least the early afternoon, still half drunk in rumbled clothes, the smell of stale beer and sweat about him. Yet here he was at 8am, fresh smelling and looking as though he'd had a shower.

"Morning darlin'." Chibs groaned sleepily, wrapping his arms loosely around his girl's waist and leaning into her with a yawn, face buried in the soft, warm crook of her neck. He wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed with Boo and sleep the day away, but the SAMCRO matriarch had, according to Chief Unser, been in an accident and was at St. Thomas being treated. The entire club – all still somewhat drunk or hung-over from Bobby's party the night before – were heading over to the hospital to see her and see if she was okay. Chibs knew that his girl, who adored her stepmother, would want to tag along and so while the rest of the club was still half asleep and waking themselves up, Chibs had jumped in the shower before throwing on a fresh outfit and heading to his apartment to pick Boo up. "Gemma's been in an accident Hen... crashed her car last night." He explained to his Ol' Lady solemnly, frown on his lips. The news of Gemma's accident had been so sudden and unexpected; it had rattled everyone a little. Gemma was a figure of strength within the club, someone looked up to and respected and to know that she was hurt, weakened, was a little unnerving. It made them all feel that little bit more vulnerable... "We're all goin' teh the hospital to see her, thought I'd come and get yeh." He added. Boo gave a soft gasp at Chibs' words, her hand coming to her mouth, heart pounding as she imagined the worst.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" she demanded of Chibs, voice fraught with worry. In her mind Gemma having an accident and being in St. Thomas as a result meant the accident was very bad indeed, meant she'd been very badly hurt, for SAMCRO's matriarch was a strong, unwavering woman and a sprained wrist and a few bruises' would be for her, no reason to go to hospital. Chibs calmed his girl by tightening the hold his arms had around her waist and pressing a kiss just behind her ear.

"Not sure, Unser didn't say much but if it was bad I'm sure he would've said somethin'." He said, sure that the Chief of police – who was incredibly close to Gemma - would have mentioned to Clay if her accident was anything serious. The fact that he'd been rather vague on details made Chibs sure that Gemma's accident was nothing to really worry about and that she was only at hospital as a precaution and not because she had any permanent or serious injuries.

"Poor Gemma." Boo sighed, soothed by Chibs assurances, believing them to be true. Unser would have, without a doubt, informed Clay is Gemma's accident was anything serious, would have given details because he knew that if he didn't, Clay would have a serious problem with him. "Tell you what, you go ahead, I'll follow in the car once I'd ready." Boo said as she stretched and stood, headed towards the bedroom to change, Chibs moving fluidly with her, never letting go of her waist, as if he were part of her. Boo couldn't help but chuckle at that and shifted and turned in his arms so that she could wrap her arms around his waist too and lean her head atop of his, still buried in the crook of her neck.