Chapter 25: Lullaby and Goodnight

Chibs and Boo were standing in the window at Jax's house, waiting for the VP to arrive home with his son for the first time. Unlike everyone else, who were milling around the living room chatting and drinking beer. Chibs longed to join them, but Boo wanted to watch out for the arrival of her stepbrother and nephew, so at the window with his girl he was. Boo had insisted that he join the rest of the party, but Chibs found that he was rather reluctant to leave her side. They'd had a shitty few months and now that they were okay again, the Scotsman wanted to savour every possible moment he could with his Ol' Lady, whether that be while making love to her on the chapel table, or simply standing at her side keeping her company while she waited for Jax, he didn't care. Every moment between them was precious. They stood, Chibs behind Boo, pressed up against her, chin resting atop of her head, arms wrapped tight around her, with their left hands entwined, ringed fingers pressed together. Chibs was contented to stay like that, holding his girl in his arms, forever...

"Oh! They're here!" Boo grinned, breaking away from Chibs as Jax and Gemma pulled up outside, baby Abel strapped in along with them. Chibs could only chuckle in amusement as his Ol' Lady raced to the door and stood waiting for Jax and Abel to come through, broad grin on her lips, hands clasped together in excitement. She was practically bouncing on her heels and Chibs felt like she couldn't look cuter for it. When Jax, Abel and Gemma walked in the door a moment later, it was on his girl that Chibs focus stayed, his eyes glittering behind his sunglasses as he trailed behind a grinning and jubilant Boo as she followed Jax and Abel round the room, her eyes never once leaving her baby nephew. "Jax he's beautiful! I can't believe he's finally home..." Boo cried in congratulations as she kissed Jax on the cheek, before pressing her lips gently to Abel's soft forehead. The brunette had surprised herself some by managing to hold back and simply look at Abel while the rest of the club came and greeting and congratulated Jax. Of course she knew that being last the congratulate Jax meant that spend more time with Abel...

"Congratulations Jacky-Boy!" Chibs nodded, patting Jax on the shoulder as he grinned at his VP, eyes moving to the baby in his arms. Abel; he not seen the boy since just days after he was born when he'd been just a feeble wee thing, hooked up to machines and monitors with almost no chance of survival... Now he was a strong looking lad, big and healthy looking with huge beautiful blue eyes that had the Scotsman totally captivated. He couldn't look away from them, from Abel. He suddenly found himself longing for Kerrianne, longing for the daughter he'd never see again. But more so, he found himself longing for a child with the woman at his side, with Boo. He was certain that now, after over four years together, that they were ready for a baby. He knew he was, but was Boo? "He looks just like yeh." He added, shaking his head ever so slightly to clear his mind as he reached out and stroked Abel cheek with his knuckles. Baby Abel gurgled happily in response and turned his eyes fully on Chibs, beautifully blue and sparkling in wonder and awe making the Scotsman's heart swell and melt all at once, making it ache with desire and want. He had to practically bite back the sigh of longing that threatened to escape his lips.

"Thanks Chibs, Boo." Jax grinned, nodding at each of the couple in turn, his heart practically bursting out of his chest with pride. He couldn't believe he finally had his son home, a day he'd long believed would never come. When Abel had been born, weeks early with no hope of survival, Jax had managed to convince himself that he'd be burying his son, not bringing him home. Now that Abel was healthy and with his whole life ahead of him, Jax couldn't be happier, especially since Tara was back in his life. Or more importantly, in his bed. Everything in his life was finally working itself out and while he still grieved somewhat for his late wife, he knew she'd brought her death on herself. After years of drug abuse that had not only affected herself but Boo, Jax and Abel too, she'd practically been asking for it to finally kill her. Jackson was more surprised that it hadn't killed her soon than he had been at her death in the first place... "You up for holding him Scotty?" Jax asked Chibs, smirk on his lips when he caught the Scotsman looking down at his son longingly... Chibs blushed a faint shade of pink when he caught the smirk on Jackson's lips, the cocked eyebrow and the look of knowing that glittered deep in his smug eyes. A look he'd obviously inherited from Gemma, it was so akin to his mothers own all knowing look! Chibs was certain that his VP knew exactly what was going on in his mind...