Chapter 12: 1am

WARNING – This chapter contains drug use

June 2005

Over the next few months, Wendy became established amongst the Club as Jax's Ol' Lady. She and Boo also established a relationship, a close friendship that was growing stronger by the day. Wendy and Boo were often seen in town together, or shopping in Lodi, much to Tig's relief. It was nice to see Boo move on from Chibs a little and find herself another friend, a female friend no less, to spend time with. While he wasn't totally sure about Wendy, if Jax trusted her then that was enough for the Sergeant at Arms. Chibs too, was glad to see Boo befriend Wendy, was glad to see her happy with her new friend. While things were better between them, almost normal again, it was obvious that their friendship was still strained under the weight of their revelations and that they were both hurting from the heartache they were still feeling. And while Chibs was coping by fucking any woman that didn't look like Boo, Boo was coping by seeing someone new. She'd meet the boy – Ralph – while on a campus tour of California State University. He was one of the tour guides from the freshman year and was studying to be a vet. At Wendy's – who knew all about Chibs – encouragement, Boo agreed to go out with him when he asked and while she was struggling to feel little more than friendship for Ralph, she stayed in the relationship both at the encouragement of Wendy and because she was determined to get over Chibs. Despite over three months passing since they'd agreed not to be together, she was still struggling to overcome her feelings and the hurt she felt as a result. Ralph even had Tig's approval – but only because the Sergeant at Arms thought he was the key to Boo getting over Chibs. Chibs however, had no clue Boo was seeing someone new.

SAMCRO

"I know that I'm with someone, and I know he didn't intend for me to see, but it still felt like he was flaunting her in my face." Boo sighed sadly. She and Wendy had just been to the cinema in Lodi and Wendy had been aware that Boo was in a bad mood from the off, however it had taken until the ride home to get anything out of the teen. It turned out that Boo had been leaving work and had stumbled across Chibs and some red headed croweater getting close outside the clubhouse... so close Chibs had his hand down the front of her pants and she had her leg wrapped around his waist. Boo had been devastated at the sight, hurt by the fact that he'd paraded his whore around in front of the clubhouse after spending months making sure Boo didn't see such things. It didn't matter to Boo that she was seeing someone else, that she was trying to move on, all that mattered was that she'd seen the man she loved up against a wall, his hand down the pants of some whore he was bound to fuck.

"What did he do when he realised you'd seen?" Wendy asked, turning to face Boo as she pulled up at a red light. She was really worried about her friend. The girl had been doing so much better; she seemed to be moving on a little from Chibs with Ralph, but one glance at Chibs with another woman and she was right back where she had been three months previously.

"Whispered something to his whore, she left then he told me he was sorry." Boo shrugged, a scowl on her lips. Chibs had looked genuinely sorry when he'd spotted Boo, his words had sounded sincere, but none of that mattered to Boo. All that mattered was that she'd seen him with that whore, that she could practically smell the slut on his fingers even from a few feet away! "I didn't stick around too hear much else." She added with a grimace. She'd stormed off as Chibs had taken a step towards her; there was no way in hell she was letting him come near her after being all over that whore. No way!

"I wouldn't have either." Wendy agreed as they continued on their way. Personally, she wasn't a fan of Chibs; she thought him loud, arrogant and vulgar! She didn't care much for his accent either, and hated that she couldn't understand a damn word he said. But she'd never tell Boo any of that. For a while longer the two of them drove in relative silence, Wendy sensing that Boo didn't want to keep talking about Chibs. Just as they were heading into Charming, Wendy spotted the glow of candle light in the windows of a ground floor apartment that had been abandoned months previously due to fire damage and pulled over next to it, a wide grin on her lips. She knew what that meant. "Hey... I know something that will take the edge off." She said enthusiastically, turning to Boo, her eyes sparkling madly. Boo cocked an eyebrow and glanced out the window, unsure where they were... she knew they were in Charming but she'd never been to this part of Charming before.